Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Default I can stay in cant I?

Live hand. LP table.

Hero's image: Whenever I have raised or bet after the flop people are either folding or calling, nobody raises me at all. They are LP timids to say the least

Villain is UTG1, an older pleasant gent who is a LP.

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raises, UTG1 3 bets, MP folds, a few callers, some drunk kid caps it, few more callers, Hero calls the cap as does UTG1. 8 ways capped to the flop.

(31 SBs) Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Blinds both Check, Hero checks, UTG1 bets, 5 callers, Hero calls. 7 ways to the turn

(19 BBs) Turn comes the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Checked to Hero who bets, UTG1 kind of hates to but calls, HJ calls, rest fold. 3 ways to the ribba.

(22 BBs) Plan for Gyro?

On the flop with such great odds to peel what happens if I pick up an Ace here? UTG1's range here is likely QQ-AA
Old 10-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: I can stay in cant I?

whyd you bet the turn?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM

I can't figure out why you bet the turn.

If you catch an ace on the river or on the turn instead of the Jack? If you catch it on the turn I think it's a clear bet, but I don't think you're hardly ever good. Make that almost never. Yeah, almost never.

If you mean the river I would seriously check fold anything but a Q or a J. And I wouldn't bet a J. I would want to see what happened behind me before I put another red cent in this pot. Not even kidding. If villain bets after you check a J river he has KK almost always. And I don't think you should overcall, either. The only way you can call the J is if capper folds.

I think the reason UTG+1 hates the turn is that he either has KK or AA and he clearly thinks he got sucked out on. If he has KK, you're drawing dead to a Q. If he has AA you're dead to a chop or a Jack. The only card you can bet yourself is a Q.

Check/fold anything on the river but a Q or J.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:21 PM

c/c turn, c/f any non Q or J river.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:09 PM

Cause betting is fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually my turn bet was the one spot that I also did not particularly like. Since I did bet out on the turn and Villain just flat called me what does he now have?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cause betting is fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually my turn bet was the one spot that I also did not particularly like. Since I did bet out on the turn and Villain just flat called me what does he now have?

[/ QUOTE ]

a plethora of hands that beat you but dont beat a straight.

c/f river UI.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:43 PM

Plethora is a bit wide for hands that beat me now from Villain at least. Pretty much AA at this point. With KK or QQ here wouldn't we have heard from him? What does an old LP 3 bet PF with but QQ-AA and even QQ they don't always? If he had KK wouldn't even an old LP raise with a set of Kings when he had a chance on the turn or if on the turn if he turned his straight with QQ wouldn't he have raised as well? Maybe I am off here. Remember on the turn he called but hated it which to me said "I have AA and you just made your straight sonny". So I am still drawing on the river with correct odds and my turn bet may have sucked, but 4 players folded when I bet the turn increasing my chances to win the pot. The river I am C/Fing for sure if no Q or J hits, I agree. He is likely not betting the river if I check the river and no Q or J hits, so with my turn bet I also maybe getting a free showdown from the LP old gent who "hated" calling my turn bet. So maybe my turn bet wasn't so bad after all.

Just a bit more to think about.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:49 PM

Is HJ the drunk kid? What is he like... Consider c/ring the river if HJ bets and it's the drunk kid. I don't like the turn bet.

Also c/f the river if you don't have special reads that HJ is different that the rest of the table.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM

lol at turn donk, c/f river if old guy bets, but I like JJH3984's response of c/r ing river if HJ is the drunk kid because he can have weird [censored] like 77 or A9 here.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 PM

HJ was not drunk the kid but a sober turd.

Me thinks ye Olde sqwuire is not betting thine river.