Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Senator Larry Craig

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/...est/index.html

"Sen. Larry Craig peered through a crack in a restroom stall door for two minutes and made gestures suggesting he wanted to engage in "lewd conduct," according to the police officer who arrested him."

"When the police interviewed him later, the senator said that "he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom" and that was why his foot may have touched the officer's, the report said."

"Last fall, Craig's office publicly denied assertions by Internet blogger Mike Rogers that the senator is gay. Craig's office dismissed speculation about the senator's sexuality as "completely ridiculous.""

"In recent years, Craig's voting record has earned him top ratings from social conservative groups"

"He has supported a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage"

"In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages"

"Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover offenses motivated by anti-gay bias"

"in 1996, voted against a bill that would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation"

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg....DTL&tsp=1

"In 2006, a gay activist alleged he had spoken with men who had sexual encounters with Craig, including an anonymous man in the restrooms at Union Station in Washington. Craig's office told the Spokesman-Review of Spokane, Wash., that the allegations were ridiculous."

Whether it's sexual orientation, gambling, adultery, drugs, whatever, I just get a high degree of amusement when moralizing right-wing types turn out to be exactly the thing they and their supporters are preaching against.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Senator Larry Craig

yeah - it's almost as funny as when democrats send their kids to private schools - LOL.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:50 PM

This is very amusing and creepy. I'm talking to a gay guy in my office right now who says there's a whole set of codes gay men use to cruise public restrooms. He's not into that scene so he can't warn the rest of us exactly what to stay away from, unfortunately. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah - it's almost as funny as when democrats send their kids to private schools - LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm reading this wrong, but isn't there a difference in claiming moral superiority and being a hypocrite, and fighting for strong educational system and sending your child to a private school...which isn't hypocritical at all?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:45 PM

Although I love the irony of a gay bible thumper, I think someone getting arrested for tapping his foot and putting his bag in front of a bathroom stall door is [censored].
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I love the irony of a gay bible thumper, I think someone getting arrested for tapping his foot and putting his bag in front of a bathroom stall door is [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. However, just in case you're wondering whether this particular senator was trying to solicit gay sex, he did plead guilty initially.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM

I guess he was just trying to look like the opposite of gay. So he voted the opposite of himself.

It worked for George Castanza doing the opposite of everything he thought.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:37 PM

If some dude in the other stall started rubbing my foot with his and then put his hand underneath into my stall...some fingers might get broken
Old 08-28-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"In recent years, Craig's voting record has earned him top ratings from social conservative groups"

"He has supported a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage"

"In 1996, Craig also voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act, which denies federal recognition to same-sex marriages"

"Craig also has opposed expanding the federal hate crimes law to cover offenses motivated by anti-gay bias"

"in 1996, voted against a bill that would have outlawed employment discrimination based on sexual orientation"

[/ QUOTE ]

Some serious self-loathing going on here.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 PM

This story reminded me of another funny story.

I know a guy that was sitting in a stall in a bathroom of a mall in a medium sized city. He looked up to see that the guy in the stall next to him was standing on the toilet, looking down at him. He chased the guy out of the bathroom into a public area, screaming the whole way that he was going to kill the guy, etc. -- all with his pants around his ankles and his dong hanging out.

True story.