Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Don\'t go on TILT in Omaha Hi/Lo even for one hand

Case in point: last night couldn't get onto PokerRoom to save my life. Finally gave up and went to play Party .25 PL Omaha 8. Started off ok; kinda slow; then hit 2 big hands and worked up to $35 at one table and $47 at another. Went slow again; lost some medium pots but did ok. Then got trapped by a small stack sandbagging a straight(vulnerable and gutsy check on his part because if I check no way I was calling that river so he would've cost himself there). Instead he got rewarded and I gave him back like $12. Ok that's fine I still had $33ish at that table plus the $35 at the other. Proceeded to go carddead at the $35 one but was playing tight did my part. Then the guy who I stacked earlier at the $47 table trapped me (he was shortstacked) and I edned up losing back my profit there PLUS an additional $2 (dropped to $23 after that hand).

Then the TILT set in: now normally I do an ok job fighting it and I usually get up before I start donking money away. But something came over me-and let me remind everyone this all took place in a span of LESS THAN 3 MINUTES. I want this to be a warning to all of us to ALWAYS be on our guard for TILT even when it's minor.

Because here's where the meltdown occurred: at the $35 table I still had like $33 or so.I got dealt A3Ax or so and the flop gave me the Ace-Ace-4-Ten. Donkey (look who's talking right) bets.I call thinking he has nothing (TILT setting in). Turn is an 8. Donk bets I raise shortstack calls all in donk calls. River blank so I miss my moneymaker out.Donk bets value I raise all in donk. Donk calls and shows:

A-2-4-3.

I drop to $8. Dumped away $25 i.e. a whole stack. All because I was on TILT for that one hand. I proceed to go into a verbal tirade and jam the chatbox. Suffice to say donkey left; then 2 more shortstack donkeys left. Rest of the table just sat there dumbconfounded at my meltdown before I left and went to bed.

This was the first time I honestly had donked off on TILT for one hand.....but see what happened here. I gave away $25 for no reason at all simply because I couldn't see myself on TILT. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be on your guard take a step back take a walk fold your hand whatever but take a deep breath.....or suffer my fate you will. Remember I had deposited $500 to start the night at one point was up $520.......only to donk off in 5 minutes and leave the site with only $483. It's not worth it man don't let yourself slip off guard even for one hand.

One hand. $25. Avoid TILT
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Don\'t go on TILT in Omaha Hi/Lo even for one hand

[ QUOTE ]
Because here's where the meltdown occurred: at the $35 table I still had like $33 or so.I got dealt A3Ax or so and the flop gave me the Ace-Ace-4-Ten. Donkey (look who's talking right) bets.I call thinking he has nothing (TILT setting in). Turn is an 8. Donk bets I raise shortstack calls all in donk calls. River blank so I miss my moneymaker out.Donk bets value I raise all in donk. Donk calls and shows:

A-2-4-3.

I drop to $8. Dumped away $25 i.e. a whole stack. All because I was on TILT for that one hand. I proceed to go into a verbal tirade and jam the chatbox. Suffice to say donkey left; then 2 more shortstack donkeys left. Rest of the table just sat there dumbconfounded at my meltdown before I left and went to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go on tilt too if my 4 Aces lost to a full house. Or if the flop consisted of 4 cards. Or maybe I'm just dumbconfounded by this post.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:07 PM

Been there [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2006, 01:10 PM

I dont understand what happened. What was the flop?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A-2-4-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go on tilt too if my 4 Aces lost to a full house. Or if the flop consisted of 4 cards. Or maybe I'm just dumbconfounded by this post.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to make a similar reply, but the OP put me on TILT
Old 08-02-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A-2-4-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to make a similar reply, but the OP put me on TILT

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what a moneymaker out is. And I don't know why you raise when you miss it.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Darth Steam says, "Omaha is the dark side of poker and once you start down that path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM

I don't mean to question your anti-tilt rant, but you lost 1 buyin. (Its not clear what you lost it on since it seems you flopped quads)... but its not really that crazy to lose a buyin on a hand in Omaha.

It is true that we should all be aware of tilt, but I don't know that its much of a revelation.

Also note: it sounds like tilt is the worst of your leaks. In this post, you listed multiple times where you were trapped. I actually think its tougher to get trapped in Omaha then NLTHE because I nearly always give consideration to the fact that the nuts can be out there. I'm actually surprised when people get stacked by a straight or a flush because its so obvious what anyone putting money into the pot is apt to have. So again... I think you have other leaks beside tilt.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:03 AM

So many words, so little thought.

I can't understand what he had, what flopped or anything else. The original post is almost a classic already. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 AM

wait...u floped quads on a 4 card flop, and got stacked when your moneymaker card didnt come?

WTF JUST HAPPENED HERE?