Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 AM

Default My microstake grind - How can anyone not beat these levels

Well as some of you know Ive been grinding 1c/2c and now upto 2c/5c on PS for a propbet I have going on where I have to play 15k hands and all 3 levels (2NL, 5NL and 10NL) and show a positive figure on all levels, I done the first level showing 16bb/100 over 15k hands and Im 3k hands into 5NL. I figured Id use this post to post HH's, stats and graphs of how Im getting on and to hopefully show people how easy it is if u have patience, you will get paid off.

This has been my best and so far on my long grind:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($4.27)
Button ($4.88)
SB ($1.82)
Hero ($15.86)
UTG ($20.82)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, UTG calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.62) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15.06</font>, UTG calls $11.56.

Turn: ($31.74) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($31.74) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $31.74

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qd Qh (three of a kind, queens).
UTG has As 8c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $31.74. </font>

I didnt know what he was thinking, after the re reaise I made on the turn he still called another $10 with just ace high. I have always been getting calls like this but most of the time its by shortstackers and only for a few dollas at a time. This was the big 600 x BB pot I have been waiting for.

So far I am up $128 over 3.2k hands at 5NL, sustainable, probably not but if people keep on calling like this hopefully it will be wuite high. I have been playing all 6 max and usually 24/14/1.5.

Could do with soem work but Im getting there slowly, thanks for reading.