Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Bottom pair 3way

how is this a easy call preflop vs 2villians, how many times are you gonna hit the flop hard? also im not font on the flop c/r this is something I never do in this spot
Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how is this a easy call preflop vs 2villians

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easy because I play poker to win money and that play has won me somewhere between 450 and 500BB's lifetime.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 AM

Preflop: Whatever. Neither calling or folding can be a big mistake. I just checked PT. I am -.32BB/100 over the past 200K defending with suited garbage in BB getting 5:1 (275 occurences), so it has worked out so far (small samplesize, LDO). It's not a default call for me, though. Overall I doubt it matters much what you do here.

Flop is an easy fold, IMO. Occassionally you're ahead here, and just once in a while your hand actually ends up winning at showdown too, but not nearly enough to justify playing for this small pot.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 AM

When thinking about prelfop you need to include the effect on your image. Maybe not with 85s, but if the hand is 72s its pure gold to crack AA.

One hand I remember is me hitting runner runner flush with some suited junk cracking flopped top set with AA or KK or whatever. Idiot goes on crazy monkey tilt and spews something like 10 BB with KQ on AQxxx board vs my AA in the following hand. Needless to say that didnt stop his tilting.

Calling loose in the BB in multiway pots is HUUUUGE for your idiotplayer image.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When thinking about prelfop you need to include the effect on your image. Maybe not with 85s, but if the hand is 72s its pure gold to crack AA.

One hand I remember is me hitting runner runner flush with some suited junk cracking flopped top set with AA or KK or whatever. Idiot goes on crazy monkey tilt and spews something like 10 BB with KQ on AQxxx board vs my AA in the following hand. Needless to say that didnt stop his tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%, several times I've gotten comments like "72 nice" and people going on monkey tilt after I flop a pair + a FD and hit. Of course in my case actually being an idiot player helps.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%, several times I've gotten comments like "72 nice" and people going on monkey tilt after I flop a pair + a FD and hit. Of course in my case actually being an idiot player helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how is this a easy call preflop vs 2villians, how many times are you gonna hit the flop hard? also im not font on the flop c/r this is something I never do in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

I just stove 26% for this hand, it's hard to imagine there is such RIO with a hand which can make flush and straight.

I agree c/r is too much with this flop. We are often 3 way OOP on the turn with no clue.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 AM

i think u all forget UTG.

come on .. lets get real, to 90% he is loose passive fish, which is absolut great for 57s !!

And also i dont think he will play that good postflop. someome who plays "goood" postflop isnt open limping
Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u all forget UTG.

come on .. lets get real, to 90% he is loose passive fish, which is absolut great for 57s !!

And also i dont think he will play that good postflop. someome who plays "goood" postflop isnt open limping

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG being a moron is the single most important reason to play this hand and a bunch of other hands in the BB.

- UTG is gonna make mistakes. Like calling a turn c/r or river c/r with 2nd pair.

- CO is prolly aware of this and thus raises a wide range of hands to isolate the moron and to create dead money in the pot.

What good players do is they look to play pots with idiots.

Stop folding yo!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 AM

Ok no big opinion on the flop CR but the turn check is awful - this is like one of the best cards in the deck for you: the flush didn't hit, if you were ahead you still are, and you can easily fold to a raise cuz now you have 2 or 0 outs.

-DeathDonkey