Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Help! I won FTOPS Avatar Race, but...

So I bought into super-satellite for $26, first place won entry into $300+22 avatar race. I won that, and placed in the package placing in 9th place.

Now I won entry into multiple Full Tilt Online POker Series events with buyins from $100-$500, and games include all games in h.o.r.s.e.

I AM ONLY GOOD AT NLHE!!

What do I do?! starting in two days I won entry into a $300 buy in RAZZ tournament! same for OMAHA and STUD!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Help! I won FTOPS Avatar Race, but...

btw you played the sat very sub optimally anyways I think I got it deposited in my account as opposed to reg in everything so you should be fine
Old 11-07-2007, 03:05 AM

how did I play sub optimally? I certainly feel one of the weakest parts of my game is shortstacked on the bubble, but could you explain?
also i havent gotten any $$ or any entries yet
Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 AM

with 40 people left you were getting 25-40% of your stack in there PF with AQ AJ 99 etc.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 AM

? I only played AQ once and it was a blind steal/ I folded to shove (dont know how you knew it was AQ) and dont think I played AJ, and id idnt get any 99. You know I am Awful FIsh right
Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 AM

ohh I thought you were someone else who really sucked at sats my bad I am tedsfishfry pretty sure we weren't at the same table./
Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw you played the sat very sub optimally anyways I think I got it deposited in my account as opposed to reg in everything so you should be fine

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, way to rain on a mans parade. why not help the brother in private instead of embarrasing him? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] you truly are a dick tonight, first you embarrass jurrolo and now him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 03:27 AM

Meh. why not?

Short answers:

Razz: Starting hands - 3 to a wheel is great, 3 to a 6 is good, 3 to a 7 is decent, 3 to an 8 is ok but usually not vs a raise. Catch good on fourth and fifth or get out. Catch good on sixth and seventh or stab yourself in the eye because razz sucks. Weaker hands become stronger if you see a lot of your cards on board (i.e. 842 with two 8s two 4s and a 2 dead); stronger hands become weaker when the cards you need are dead (i.e 742 with two 3s, two 5s, and an A dead.)

Stud high - Rolled trips, big pairs, 3 to straightflush are strong; 3 to straight, 3 to flush, 3 high cards, small pairs, especially hidden, are decent. Don't chase with the lower pair unless you have an overcard kicker, and maybe not even then. Don't chase draws with cards dead or if you brick fourth and especially fifth.

Stud 8: Ace is key to any starting hand; you could do fine never playing any hand without an ace other than rolled trips. Play hands that can scoop and/or can lock up one half and freeroll the other; low hands are more likely to turn into freerolls, especially low str8 or flush draws.

Omaha 8: Make the nuts. Best hands preflop are AA w/ a 2 or other wheel card, and A2xx where one of the x's is a wheel card, in both cases you prefer a suited ace. More than in holdem, hand values can drastically change from preflop to flop. High only hands like KQJT are like pp's and suited connectors in holdem; when they flop good they flop real good, good multiway-cheap hands. Postflop, play to scoop, play very aggressively with strong two way draws and/or the nuts one way (usually low) with good chances the other way. Don't draw to the non-nuts. Be cautious with a bare A2 low draw (no backup wheel card) without any high chance. Beware of being quartered with the nut low; don't put in too much action on the river with just the nut low and less than 4 players.

Omaha High - AAxx is good if you can get a lot of money in preflop, otherwise be very cautious with it without redraws, like the nut flush draw. Strong hands on the flop are top set and big wrap and/or flush draws, so good starting hands are hands that can make these hands; big pairs, big and middle run hands (like KQT9, 8765) and suited aces with a three run like A876. Being suited or doublesuited is nice, especially to the ace. Make the nuts, don't draw to the non-nuts, have redraws when you have the nuts, especially a nut straight, especially a nut straight vulnerable to overstraights, like 98 on JT7, which is a lot weaker than 98 on 765.

The long answers are, um, long.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

The above post is gold.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Nice summary, LFTV.