Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Default The Effect An Avatar Has

Im sure that almost all of us have heard the saying "dont judge a book by its cover". How many of u actually live by that statement though? I know that I can come to quick conclusions about things/people just at first glance, and my first judgment is not always right.

On 2p2 we have the choice to choose almost anything that we want for an avatar. Our avatars are pretty much a quick representation on the kind of people that we are in my opinion. Some of us use celebrities that we like, we use hot girls, funny video clips, etc. etc..

When u first see someone that u dont know make a post, what do u look at first? The avatar or the post? If this site did not have personal avatars do u think communities like BBV4L and OOT would be just as crazy? I feel that having custom avatars is a good thing for 2p2 and helps us to uniquely express ourselves.

I tend to try to figure out who the people are behind that avatar. I see DieBitter and I generally think that he is a laid back guy, likes to joke around and is pretty much cool. I see Grimstarr and just see a tilty spewy person that can get easily angry. Where im going with this is, we pick our avatars for a reason and like it or not the type of people we are, are symbolized in our avatar.

Im interested to hear what other people think about avatars and how they can symbolize a person.