Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: DUIs

[ QUOTE ]
I got one when I was 25. 8 months suspended license. It sucked, but the insurance surcharges were the worst part. I live in NJ (which is the highest auto insurance rates in the country), and you don't want to know what I pay in auto insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say something like this. Now I really want to know! I should add "you don't want to know" to the Karma thread. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got one when I was 25. 8 months suspended license. It sucked, but the insurance surcharges were the worst part. I live in NJ (which is the highest auto insurance rates in the country), and you don't want to know what I pay in auto insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say something like this. Now I really want to know! I should add "you don't want to know" to the Karma thread. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I want to know too. I wonder if it's something outrageous like 6k a year.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:10 PM

I believe the problem with drunk driving in this country is so bad because the penalties aren't severe enough. Jail time on the third offense? No, you should do two years, minimum, on your first offense. Second offense? You lose your license for life after the next five years behind bars.

Driving is a priviledge and putting other people's lives at risk like that should be punished harshly.

Also, you friend is not responsible and is not a good guy. He's not "unlucky" he's just plain stupid and deserves to go to jail.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:11 PM

A more realistic poll

This thread kind of went away from where I was wanting it to go. I was looking for people that actually have received DUI(s) in the past to share their legal experience.

However, this might be something good for him to read.

Also, I've added a poll to see what kind of hypocrisy this thread will have. I'll admit, I've driven drunk. I've been so drunk that I've passed out in the vehicle with it running in my driveway. I haven't drank anything in a few years. But back in high school, I admit I did it ALL THE TIME. I thought nothing of it.

[ QUOTE ]
He's not an alcoholic. In fact, he only drinks maybe once or twice a month and I've seen him go on stretches where he doesn't drink anything for a few months. However, when he does drink, he doesn't want to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA would still classify this guy as an alcoholic.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I want to know too. I wonder if it's something outrageous like 6k a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to check my records, but at its max, it was about $4500 a year. Plus the $1000 surcharge.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:13 PM

Sure. What do you want to know? I had a very bad lawyer, after all.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's not an alcoholic. In fact, he only drinks maybe once or twice a month and I've seen him go on stretches where he doesn't drink anything for a few months. However, when he does drink, he doesn't want to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA would still classify this guy as an alcoholic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would classify it as "binge drinker"
Old 01-12-2006, 01:20 PM

Twenty years ago when it was socially acceptable to drink and drive I did. I was stopped by the cops on more than one occasion and told to go straight home and be careful.

Thankfully we have advanced as a society and that doesn't happen anymore. And I learned not to drink and drive and I don't and haven't in twenty years.

I hope your friend goes to jail and learns too before he kills or injures innocent people. Or at least he could be considerate enough to drive into a tree and kill himself first.