Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: DUIs

[ QUOTE ]
If you got popped 5 times in the 100 times you participated this year, you would find another way to kick back after work, or you would find a designated driver.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea where I was at BAC-wise when I left those 100 times. What I'm implying is I don't recall one a single time where I was wasted, but per the prohibitively low .08 legal limit, I could have been over it 1/3 or even 1/2 the time or more for all I know.

On a personal level, it takes a lot for me to show clear drunkeness so those five times never would have happened. In July I was pulled over because my tags were expired. I had just left a bar where I had three frozen margaritas and I think two 24 oz beers in a fairly short window. I didn't feel impaired leaving the bar, and in fact the cop didn't even ask if I'd been drinking in the course of our dialogue. I'd have destroyed a field sobriety test but may have failed a breathalyzer.

Also, if zero tolerance were instituted it would be way too easy for a cop to simply camp outside a busy bar and pull one person after another over as they leave. Maybe it's my inner Libertarian crying out, but I'm not real happy with that happening, are you?

(This last point may fall under entrapment; I heard once cops can't hang out at places like Jack-in-the-Box for the express purpose of busting drunks ordering tacos at 2AM, but that sounds more like BS than not.)

As for the rest of your post, it was way too deep for me, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: DUIs

OP,

you and your freind are both idiots. I hope you friend goes to jail for a long time and never drives again.

gild-
very nice find.