Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: OOT Sleep Experts: What kind of mattress do you have?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sleeping very well recently. It typically takes me 30 minutes to an hour to finally get to sleep when I go to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no advice on mattresses, but I strongly suggest Planet Earth for help instantly falling asleep. Even if I'm trying, I can't watch more than half an hour before I fall asleep...
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sleepnumber beds for my wife and me. We had terrible nights sleeping with an old bed. I was starting to get terrible chest cramps with the way I was sleeping. I would wake up almost crying I was in so much pain.

We bought this bed and have had no issues since then. Terrific bed, and it's great cause they allow each person to make their side whatever they want.

Things you think would be problems but aren't:
1) Problems with the two halves being uneven. I have a much lower number than my wife, and while I notice a little difference in it, it's not uncomfortable at all if I'm rolling from one side to the other.
2) Doin' the nasty. No issues at all, don't even notice the difference in the sides. Even if your two numbers are that different, just set them to the same number before hand.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

psu-

Good info, thanks -- I hadn't considered a Sleep Number bed yet. Which model do you have? I'll do some research and will likely go to a Sleep Number store, but which model do you currently own? I'm considering the 3000 model, but am unsure whether it might be a [censored] 'entry level' bed. The next step up (4000) is so much more expensive though.

Also, I'm only 23, so no bed division with the Mrs. for me yet. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be sure to look for a comfortaire dealer, if you are interested in an air bed. We have one, been very pleased.

It is sometimes cheaper than select comfort, and IMO it's a better bed. There's no gap in the center between the air chambers like select comfort had when we looked, the chambers are touching in the center. Also, the air chambers are at the top instead of at the bottom of the structure.

Anyway, just another option to consider if you decide you LIKE these beds after checking it out at a sleep number store.

We have the GS.900 comfortaire.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM

When considering firmness, it's probably important to consider whether you sleep on your side, stomach or back.

Maybe do a little research on the best matches between bed firmness and your typical sleeping position.

I sleep on my stomach , so it's harder to find a good match.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Does anyone know which mattresses they use at either the Bellagio or the Borgata? (No idea if they're the same or not.) I swear those are the two most comfortable beds in the world.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know which mattresses they use at either the Bellagio or the Borgata? (No idea if they're the same or not.) I swear those are the two most comfortable beds in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the bed used at the Borgata:

http://www.shopborgata.com/prodDetai...E=BOR14.002502
Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 PM

I play poker with a sales rep from Sleepy's and he told me that the TempurPedics are totally worth it. He sells all type of mattresses and people always call back and complain about every type of mattress except the TempurPedics. There is an adjustment period of up to a week before your body adjusts to sleeping on foam which behaves like air. Some people don't like sinking into the bed and they have come out w/ two new technologies, a bed that feels just like a regular bed and the new TempurPedic HD which comforms faster so you don't notice the sink. You eventually settle at the optimal level but the HD version adjusts faster. You can search all these online forums, opinion sites, etc... and you won't find many complaints about them. The other thing is you can finance all of these mattresses. While they go from $1400 to $7200, you can get some kind of 36 or 48 month no interest payment plan. If sleeping well will make your life more enjoyable and more productive, its worth it.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 PM

Anyone have a quick mattress recommendation for someone with fairly serious back pain caused by two herniated discs?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play poker with a sales rep from Sleepy's and he told me that the TempurPedics are totally worth it... If sleeping well will make your life more enjoyable and more productive, its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
everyone needs to get a pillow today.im adding the bed as soon as i can afford the expanse. pillow was like 100$ and have never slept as well as i do with it. it is life changing....not on the level of a broke person winning 100mill on powerball but on the level of having an apartment on the 40th floor one block from the beach only to have your ocean view obstructed by a 42 story building. the purchase of the pillow is equivalent to the 42 story building being demolished.mofoking life changing mofoker.lol lifenhancAments.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM

I own a tempurpedic. Paid for it with my moving allowance from work. I just got a standard full.. I think it ran me $1300 or so. I'm a huge fan. And even if they cost more, they also last twice as long as most beds.

I also own a pillow.. I'm less thrilled with it. I got the "normal" style pillow, not the crazy curvy shaped one. Sometimes it's great and I love it, but sometimes I find it too bulky and either use my standard pillow or none at all.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM

They gave us a couple of $120 latex pillows when we bought our bed. They are very goot!