Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Sponsored Support Forums > RakebackNetwork
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 12:10 AM

Default 30% CAP on Prima Rake - No need to panic

I am sure many players are going to be upset when they hear the news. I know what I say right now will not be heard with much positive attitude. But let me say that if you are a player trying to win then this is not a bad thing. I will make this short. High rake back = spamming internal Prima players and high ratio of Sharks. If you do not market outside the network then you do not bring in new blood. New blood ='s 85% weak players. This is a very needed thing in poker survival. Without the weaker players, most average players will struggle. With the high rake we have had a Prima the strong players do hang on as they feel they are leaving to much behind. But if you play in a good game at 30% rake back and a bad game at 60% rake back, you will find out that it is not worth it. A game only has to be a little bit better to make the lower rake still the better deal. I am sure I will not be the majority on this concept here. All I can say is I have been a semi pro player for many years and do understand the concept of rake very well. I also ran games for many years. I have seen the sick $7 rake. With a tip of $2 it is hard to believe that logical thinking people thought they could beat the game. About the only proof I have on my theory ( I am quite sure of my words, but I will be fair and call it a theory) the only proof I can offer is to the players that have been at Prima for over 1.5 years. Do you remember the difference? I am not talking about the standard deviation to expect from simple improvements of the average players. I am talking about a huge difference in game quaility. 2 years ago Prima was on its way to a top 3 network. It had so many good things going. but if you do not supply fresh players, no network can survive. Also as an affiliate, most all of us will stay at about the same profit ratio. You will see game quality immediately change.There will be leader boards, sign up bonuses, and other promotions with the 30% rake. That will start the flow of the new players that generate great action and great games.In the end I assure the players out there this is a very good thing. For the ones that don't agree remember I am only the messenger. I think a lot of you will see this for the great thing I believe it will be soon. Good Luck to all of you as competitors on the felt!