Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Default OP on paired flop in another 3bet pot.

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $46.48
Hero (BB): $69.11
UTG: $64.37
CO: $62.14
BTN: $98.19

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.25</font>, BTN calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $9</font>,

For those that see a pattern forming here in that all my posts recently are about 3bet pots - you are probably right.

Here's another spot I am not comfortable in.

Villain here is a 17/15/2.5 kind of player - I know he's opening all kinds of stuff on teh button but I am not sure what his 3bet calling range is, altho I am paying off quads here cos I doubt he has a T without TT.

Stove tells me I am 55/45 vs JJ+/AK but is that a reasonable range to assign here?

Push for value v JJ and shania? raise and call a shove? raise and fold to a shove??

Edited to fix title
Old 11-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: OP on paired flop in another 3bet pot.

before i respond i am curious to know why u checked the flop??? not sure if i like it or dont atm more just curious why u did it for a sec
Old 11-03-2007, 01:53 PM

As played I will c/r but I like to lead the flop here.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:14 PM

I like checking this flop once in a while with extremely strong hands as it lets us get value on later streets vs lower pp's and also lets us get "truer" responses in later hands while discouraging villains to try bluffing us when we check in 3bet pots.

My standard play here however is to lead like three out of four times, sometimes c/r'ing the turn, sometimes c/c'ing, and sometimes leading again depending on the villain.

if i've seen him double-barreling alot i'll call the flop and c/r the turn I think raising this flop pretty much folds out alot of hands we beat that might bet again on the turn.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:48 PM

usually I just bet, but if I check it's with the intention of crai. You're ahead here almost always imo. If you really want you can c/c and then get jiggy on the turn, but the main thing is you're ahead and you need to play it as an extraction pot.

I really hate seeing AKJ turns, and I think bad players will stack off with enough here that I"m fine with just crai and letting him stack off with JJ
Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
before i respond i am curious to know why u checked the flop???

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to c/r flops sometimes where I am sure I am mostly WA for shania. It gives villain a chance to bluff if he's missed and I break off more of his stack for the times he folds whiffed AK (which is more often I think than he has AA/KK.)

It also means that I don't have to 3bet quite so many flops that I miss and villain might be fearing a C/R from me and not CB his hand allowing me to hit a A or K on the turn or similar when my AK has whiffed the flop.

It's not something I do often (about 15%) or so of the time - I ONLY do this against regulars I play against often. Not a big enough sample size of me trying this out to say whether it's a good plan yet or not.

Vs an unknown or a donk I'll lead the flop pretty much always I think this is only useful against players that think and that I will likely find myself up against in similar spots in the future.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM

ok well given this it sounds like there is nothing to do other then make it 33 or sumtin and call a shove. i cant imagine calling here given how many bad cards and how akward the turn would be no matter wut. so it looks like we r gettin it all in here.