Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: God gets sued (no content)

[ QUOTE ]
But to be fair god knew they were going to do this and didn't stop them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, God knew that this was going to happen from the moment he created the first atom in the universe 6000 years ago. But somehow it is mankind's fault that a few Jews and Romans (that god created) conspired to execute a guy claiming to be the Son of God.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Wow, I'm ignorant. I thought Pilate was the one who ordered the crucifixion.

Either way, no one had anything against God. They just didn't believe Jesus was the Son of God and even thought he was blaspheming God. So I ask you again... If someone were walking around claiming to be the son of god and achieved noteriety due to unexplainable tricks, would you follow him? Would you follow him if you hadn't seen these tricks for yourself, but only heard of them?

What would it take to convince you that someone on earth is god?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, God knew that this was going to happen from the moment he created the first atom in the universe 14 billion years ago. But somehow it is mankind's fault that a few Jews and Romans (that god created) conspired

to execute a guy claiming to be the Son of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, God knew that this was going to happen from the moment he created the first atom in the universe 14 billion years ago. But somehow it is mankind's fault that a few Jews and Romans (that god created) conspired

to execute a guy claiming to be the Son of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was trying to think like a fundamentalist Christian.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:17 AM

from MidGe:
Been waiting for more than 2000 years and he still hasn't made it back! Highly unlikely he will now, imo! He obviously lost the appeal or, at best, the jury is still undecided!

Did you ever think that the world is a big place to save and it even takes time for God to get down on man's level to save everyone...He is still trying to round up his sheep...There are still alot of people in Asia that haven't heard of Jesus and there are remote parts of the world not easily accessible...tribal areas around New Guinea for example that are living under taboo religions while they live like cavemen that are only now starting to hear the Gospel..(there are still some really bad taboos among them and some of the tribes are cannibalistic)...Some parts of these islands are so isolated by mountains the people are still in the Stone Age, yet missionaries are trying to get in to them too...2000 years may be a lot to a person but its probably just the blink of an eye to God...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:34 AM

Lestat asks: Do you really think Jesus was executed over God? Or was He executed for His teachings, which were considered blasphemous by many. I'm not saying He should've been executed and certainly not in the manner He was, but put yourself in their shoes...

If you read the bible and look at the history of the times I think you will see Jesus was caught between 2 groups (the Romans represented by Pilate and the Jews represented by Herod/the Sanhedrin) both with their own political agenda...He was perceived as representing a threat to both groups so they ignored his message and crucified him...This is one of the main themes of Christianity...the spiritual being trampled by the secular...Its also where the Jews and Chrisitans divide...Christians say he is the Messiah and that the Jews missed him looking for a Messiah with earthly rewards...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought Pilate was the one who ordered the crucifixion.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was. Even though he offered the people to release Jesus. But they insisted, sounding like many people in this forum, screaming "Crucify Him".

[ QUOTE ]

Would you follow him if you hadn't seen these tricks for yourself, but only heard of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring your very unsubtle pejorative in referring to God's miracles as "tricks" I can say that I DO follow Him even though I've only heard of His miraculous love in healing and feeding people.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Jesus returns no one will doubt Who He is.

Revelation 19:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.

12His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.

13He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

15From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

16And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."
Old 09-19-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was. Even though he offered the people to release Jesus. But they insisted, sounding like many people in this forum, screaming "Crucify Him".

[ QUOTE ]

Would you follow him if you hadn't seen these tricks for yourself, but only heard of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignoring your very unsubtle pejorative in referring to God's miracles as "tricks" I can say that I DO follow Him even though I've only heard of His miraculous love in healing and feeding people.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Jesus returns no one will doubt Who He is.

Revelation 19:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.

12His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.

13He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

15From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

16And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a fun guy, who wouldn't be pssing themselves in anticipation.

luckyme
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...sounds like the story was written to paint the Romans in a better light. They were just doing what the angry Jewish mob wanted them to do. I wonder why the story is written in this way?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 AM

Well, afaik the romans did actually enjoy their scene-shows when passing out verdicts and, and mobs could very well have the 'say' in a judgement based on their screaming etc.

Courts were often pop culture at its finest. Pesky romans - always getting there before we did.