Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

of course it doesnt really matter. not much does.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dealers complain they're under paid, but won't tell how much they're making

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. stop complaining if you aren't willing to be upfront about how much you make. obviously dealers complain because they want the tipping culture to change/improve, yet how can they create change without showing that they are being paid unfairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT MY PAY OR SAID THAT I WAS BEING PAID UNFAIRLY
OMG do you even understand the english language???
I am highly unimpressed with the lack of intelligence found in this forum. I really hope that Harrahs and the PAB will bring on a rep for the dealers so this can be better for the players and staff next year

[/ QUOTE ]

if you aren't complaining, what needs to be better for the dealers next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

another good question for you to answer, p...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one of them, and again, you did complain. "i should make a lot more", remember?

[/ QUOTE ]
first off that was in a joking manner so stop putting me in that corner.
IMO,to make make things better for the dealers next year, I still say that there should be someone representing the dealers on the PAB to help all sides of the game come together. It would be a way for the pay problems to get fixed to where it bennifits EVERYONE involved.
And lastly, I will not disclose how much I expect to make this year. please refer to the previous post.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you feel like the actual numbers are fair compensation for this period? If not, what would you consider reasonable compensation to expect for dealing the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really matter what one person thinks is reasonable? When in reality, everyone in this world probably has a different view on what is reasonable and about the only thing answering that question will ever do is result into yet another flame war about who should and shouldn't make a living and how the number states "isn't fair" or "is unjustified for dealing". So really, what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

And sue, I did answer that question a few posts back
Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IMO,to make make things better for the dealers next year, I still say that there should be someone representing the dealers on the PAB to help all sides of the game come together. It would be a way for the pay problems to get fixed to where it bennifits EVERYONE involved.
And lastly, I will not disclose how much I expect to make this year. please refer to the previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with this at all. You are given a fair cut from every single event. Its not the players fault or responsibility to see to your needs when Harrah's has already taken it into there hands to see to your needs. If they arent satisfactory talk with them. Players pay out every single event for dealers, not seeing a big enough share of that, talk w/ harrahs.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing I don't play tournaments. I would figure out roughly how many hands I played and tip that many dollars total. I would not tip random people $200,000 just because I became a millionaire. I would much rather buy a family member a house or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you won no money you would still tip the same amount? Alright that sounds fair.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dealers complain they're under paid, but won't tell how much they're making

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. stop complaining if you aren't willing to be upfront about how much you make. obviously dealers complain because they want the tipping culture to change/improve, yet how can they create change without showing that they are being paid unfairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT MY PAY OR SAID THAT I WAS BEING PAID UNFAIRLY
OMG do you even understand the english language???
I am highly unimpressed with the lack of intelligence found in this forum. I really hope that Harrahs and the PAB will bring on a rep for the dealers so this can be better for the players and staff next year

[/ QUOTE ]

if you aren't complaining, what needs to be better for the dealers next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

another good question for you to answer, p...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one of them, and again, you did complain. "i should make a lot more", remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are the pay problems?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 PM

Hello Photoc! Nice to see you again. I met you awhile back in the Dealers Forum, Coloradolola. Nice to see you and hope you are doing well.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 PM

what are the pay problems?

You are kidding me right? I actually thought more of you so I will not answer this. Welcome to the thread.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think dealers should get a reasonable tip. 2% seems pretty fair.

One thing I can't stand (particularly at places staffed by teenagers/college kids) is these fast food places where the kid takes your order and gives your food to you on a tray, yet they have a tip jar. It's like $9 for a sandwich isn't enough, you expect another dollar or two to help pay your staff. Considering the margins at Starbucks, this tip jar thingy is unseemly. /rant

[/ QUOTE ]

I get slightly pissed off whenever I don't see a tip jar, because there should be an opportunity for people to leave extra if they want to. Also, change can be a major nuisance sometimes, and I'd often prefer to get rid of it.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good thing I don't play tournaments. I would figure out roughly how many hands I played and tip that many dollars total. I would not tip random people $200,000 just because I became a millionaire. I would much rather buy a family member a house or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you won no money you would still tip the same amount? Alright that sounds fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone at the table did this dealers would make over $500/hr.
Closed Thread