Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 06:32 PM

Default silentbob\'s Week 8 player props thread

Available on Bodog right now:

Tiki Barber scores TD before Ronde Barber intercepts a pass at -140 for 2 units. More Bodog prop silliness. This is most likely a push, but I seriously doubt the Ronde side wins. Only one of Eli's eight INTs has been at home, and there are so many other players on TB who could pick him off. No idea why I'm not betting more on this one.

Seneca Wallace under 1.5 TD passes this week at -140 for 1 unit. The Chief will likely control the clock, and the Seahawks will run Shaun Alexander a lot if he plays. Wallace could get one fluky TD pass but two simply seems unlikely.

More to come Sunday morning.

YTD: 9-1, 9.39 units

P.S. Considering Julius Jones under 20.5 carries at -110 on BetGameDay. He tends to run a lot when Dallas has blown out the opposition. That's not gonna happen against Carolina, who has a good rush defense and will likely be ahead during the game.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Re: silentbob\'s Week 8 player props thread

I'm following these for a little bit at -155 and -135.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 AM

Tiki/Ronde is no longer available at Bodog but you can still get Seneca Wallace on the under at -145.

I'm gonna pass on Julius Jones. Tony Romo is too much of an x-factor (i.e., Parcells may try to run more than usual) to bet this one. Steve Smith under 102.5 receiving yards at -110 looks somewhat tempting though, simply beause it's such a big number to lay against a half-decent defense. Gonna noodle on this one today.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:00 AM

I got both Tiki and Seneca yesterday at BoDog. Thanks, and nice work, Silentbob!

P.S. What happens if I try to wager another $100 at BoDog, on a prop designated as a $100 max?? Every try? Bad idea?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:06 AM

JPT it blocks me unless the line or odds have changed, then you can rebet the max. I have been doing that for a couple years now.

-Brendan
Old 10-28-2006, 12:51 PM

Re-bet the max - are you sure it's not just the increase?

I.e. limit to win is $100, odds are +100, and you bet $100. Line moves to -120. Their limit to win remains the same, but their limit to risk changes to $120. So you can put another $20 down at the new line.

That's the way it workds for non-sports props I know, but is it different for game props? Can you actually re-bet the entire max, to win another $100?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 AM

Three more bets:

Steve Smith under 102.5 receiving yards at -110 for 1 unit at BetGameDay. See above. Dallas has given up a ton of points lately but much of that has resulted from their turnovers on offense. The defense has only yielded one 100-yard receiving game this season, and that was due to a 85-yard TD catch and run by Hank Baskett.

Cadillac Williams under 19 rushing attempts at -135 for 1 unit. The Giants are strong against the run, and the -9 game line suggests that TB will be playing catch-up. Cadillac runs a lot only when the game is close. I think Michael Pittman plays more than usual today.

Keenan McCardell under 4.5 receptions at -120 for 1 unit. Seriously? He has 20 catches in 6 games. The game will likely be out of reach early, and he's not the first or second option in the passing game.

Also considered Kellen Winslow over 49.5 receiving yards, but the Jets are as bad against the run as they are against the pass. No guarantee that Cleveland will be passing a lot today.

Good luck to all.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:45 PM

Ho-hum on the 1:00 games. Tiki/Ronde was a push as expected. Brandon Jacobs vultured a goal-line TD as usual, and Eli was never in danger of throwing a pick. I totally whiffed on Seneca Wallace, who covered by halftime. As for Cadillac, I was initially worried about the line moving back to -120 (because the high winds at the Meadowlands likely meant lots of running). But the Giants jumped out to a lead and TB had to pass.

So far this week: 1-1-1, -0.26 units
Old 10-30-2006, 01:22 PM

Late games turned out well. Keenan McCardell had two catches at halftime but SD pulled away in the 3rd quarter and stopped passing. Steve Smith never got on track, though I was afraid that he'd get garbage time yards after Dallas jumped ahead late.

This week: 3-1-1, +1.48 units
YTD: 12-2-1, +10.87 units
Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 PM

Great work here! Enjoyed following some of these.