Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Re: [OT] stoxtrader = the best?

[ QUOTE ]
no bicyclekick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nowhere near, but thanks.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I appreciate it, but I don't deserve to be mentioned in the "best players" thread. I'm nothing but a small winner in the 100/200 through 300/600 games online."

LOL, I'm pretty sure this qualifies you as one of the best unless your definition is overly rigorous.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, there are plenty of guys on here making $1000 an hour, I've never been able to do that over the long term. Because the higher stakes tables require more effort to play, I probably make less than guys who are able to 10 table 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, although I don't really have a basis to know this, so maybe it's more "I guess", that being a slight winner at 300/600 is just a touch more impressive than being a winner multitabling 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that beating 6+ tables of 30/60 for a signifigant amount (1.5bb/100 or more) is more impressive than being a .5 bb/100 winner at 300/600.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't
Old 09-08-2006, 04:04 PM

but the things you say seem so smart to lurking n00bs...
Old 09-08-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I appreciate it, but I don't deserve to be mentioned in the "best players" thread. I'm nothing but a small winner in the 100/200 through 300/600 games online."

LOL, I'm pretty sure this qualifies you as one of the best unless your definition is overly rigorous.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, there are plenty of guys on here making $1000 an hour, I've never been able to do that over the long term. Because the higher stakes tables require more effort to play, I probably make less than guys who are able to 10 table 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, although I don't really have a basis to know this, so maybe it's more "I guess", that being a slight winner at 300/600 is just a touch more impressive than being a winner multitabling 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that beating 6+ tables of 30/60 for a signifigant amount (1.5bb/100 or more) is more impressive than being a .5 bb/100 winner at 300/600.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

i probably shouldn't have made that comment, to many caveat's. I was thinking of someone who plays the 300/600 game selectively (when the games are at their best) verses someone who plays the 30/60 games regularly and can beat them at any time (which is what i though Pauluka was referring to). I was also thining about 6 max for 30/60 as being able to 6 table full ring isn't nearly as impressive. I would say both are indicitive of a good player though.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"We are very proud to announce our cooperation with one of the best poker players in the world. The famous Stoxtrader will present the secrets of his highly effecient playing style to our members."

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I like how the German site sells you as efficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, Germans do not teach people how to play poker, they engineer them.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:05 PM

I love to have guys from Frankfurt on my tables. They are clueless.