Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Living with someone post breakup

[ QUOTE ]
Watch The Break-Up if you haven't seen it already. You'll get a few useful pieces of advice from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should play madden in front of her?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG what are you thinking? Get her out right now. Work something out. Crash with a friend. Find her a sublet. Extended stay hotel. Something.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, I read the title;
Living with someone post breakup

and all I could think of was;

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NONONONONONONONONONO

just do whatever it takes, but no. no no. especially for a month. nukka u crazy.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 AM

You really should watch the Break-Up. This is a similar situation, and the movie although not great, is really funny in parts.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:07 PM

I was in a very similar situation the first part of this year. My ex and I lived together in my house for three years, broke up in January and she lived with me for 3 MONTHS. I'm going to be honest, it was pretty brutal. This was a situation where we have known each other for a really long time, our families are close, and she didn't have $ to move out so I couldn't really boot her.
My situation was a little better because I have 2 empty upstairs bedrooms so she just moved into one of those. During these three months I spent a lot of time at the cardroom (this was not a problem for me) and was home as little as possible. Some problems did come up during this time though. She became really inconsiderate, started making a mess of the house and didn't care, and would bother me about her problems (guys, money, etc..) I finally had to tell her "listen I am letting you live hear as a courtesy, you need to clean up your sh*t and I don't want to hear about your problems, I'm just not interested, you live your life and I'll live mine. I know you need to live here a while longer, and if you want to do that you need to stop messing up the place and stay out of my way."
For the rest of the time it wasn't that bad, but believe me I was really glad when she finally left, I even helped her move. As far as the stuff you bought together goes it depends on how much of a hassle you want to put up with. I ended up giving her a bunch of stuff because frankly I was so glad she was leaving the material stuff didn't seem to matter. BEAT: her car is in my name (my credit good, hers terrible) so I have to rely on her to make these payements for another 2 years. MAJOR BEAT: I'm stuck with an 8k engagement ring.
I sympathize with you situation but it could be a lot worse, a month will go fast. Personally, I plan to only be involved with strippers and whores from now on, a relationship is not worth the hassle.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:31 PM

All I have to say is that this seems like a nightmare scenario to me. I'd probably rather stay in a hotel
Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM

My first long term girlfriend and me lived together for 2 years after we broke up.

The thing that made it work was having a 2 bedroom apartment and that we didn't end in a fight. It was more of a "This isn't working out" thing. It was a bit awkward at first when we first started bringing other people home(waiting a month and a bit for that) but before long it was just like any other roommate.

If we had ended in a fight, or only had one room it definately wouldn't have worked and I don't think I would have even tried for more than 3 seconds.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:04 PM

San,

How was your interaction after the breakup and initial weird period? Were you close at all? Did you joke around or tell you each other about stuff in your lives, or was it a talk-when-necessary situation? Did you ever hook up > a month after the break up?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 PM

I'm unable to keep up with individual questions/responses while at work right now so I'll try to address them each tonight.
Anyone going to be in AC tonight and want to help me drown my sorrows? I will be with 1-2 friends as well. Probably staying at Harrahs.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
might help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
San,

How was your interaction after the breakup and initial weird period? Were you close at all? Did you joke around or tell you each other about stuff in your lives, or was it a talk-when-necessary situation? Did you ever hook up > a month after the break up?

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually became really good friends and to this day(3 years since I moved out) I still consider her one of my best friends. We got over the jealousy thing pretty quickly so talking about dates and such wasn't out of the question or uncomfortable. We didn't hook up once after we broke up. I think we both knew that would screw up the fairly comfortable living situation.