Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Living with someone post breakup

Cliff Notes: Broke up with long term gf from out of state, her schooling must keep her here another month...fun ensues. Anyone have any advice or similar stories?

S and I have been dating for ~1.5 years. We originally met on a vacation with mutual friends and after hitting it off and dating for 6 months she moved 1,000 miles to live with me in my hometown. She ended up having some unexpected medical problems which caused her a good bit of depression. Her general unhappiness poured out and resulted in a good bit of fighting over the last month. Finally after one particularly bad fight we decided that it would be best for her to move back home where she feels 'happiness' awaits again.
Herein lie our dilema. She is currently enrolled in a summer program at a local college and is doing well in a class that she previously dropped twice (as well as another difficult course). Initially during the breakup process I suggested that we keep this friendly and she finish up her semester and possibly our lease (end of July). She agreed that it could work and we left it at that.
We went about the rest of our day and later I had 2 friends come over with the intention of going out to some bars (previously arranged). Probably foolishly I invited her to go along and she accepted. The 4 of us hit the town while S and I spoke minimally causing a very awkward situation for my friends. As we got into the car to go home she started crying and mumbled something about this being her last time going out in my town. Nothing else was said for the rest of the ride home between us.
When we got back to the apartment (friends were staying over) she flipped out at me for ignoring her all night and told me to get what i needed out of the bedroom and not come back in. I was drunk enough that the couch wasn't as bad as it sounds now so I obliged (and made a friend sleep on the floor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).
Today she has said 0 words to me despite my attempt at initiating 3-4 conversations. Currently she is sitting 10 feet from me watching TV. I don't really see us being able to live this out together in this state.
I would love to hear any advice or similar stories that ended either way. Feel free to ask any questions which I missed answering already.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Living with someone post breakup

rofl nice work guy
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 AM

huh.....I never thought a chick question would ever stump me as far as this forum is concerned. Nice job.

About the only advice that I can think of, is to start drinking now, and dont stop until she is gone.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
huh.....I never thought a chick question would ever stump me as far as this forum is concerned. Nice job.

About the only advice that I can think of, is to start drinking now, and dont stop until she is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have off this coming Tues so i'm pretty sure I'm going to head to AC tomorrow night for a wild night/day.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:26 AM

wtf, it is your apartment, she's the one leaving, SHE sleeps on the couch. either that or tell her to GTFO if she's going to act like a spoiled brat. why did you invite her out in the first place? you are just getting manhandled here, your approach sucks on just about every level
Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 AM

jesus christ you financed electronics AND furniture??? wtf are you doing guy
Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, it is your apartment, she's the one leaving, SHE sleeps on the couch. either that or tell her to GTFO if she's going to act like a spoiled brat. why did you invite her out in the first place? you are just getting manhandled here, your approach sucks on just about every level

[/ QUOTE ]

Both our names appear on the lease unfotuneatly. The friends that accompanied us out were mutual friends and she was planning on going out with us before it went to hell. I also was the one who suggested she stay until class is done and wanted to start the amicable thing going right away. I was nieve, I realize this now. This is my first live-in GF in case it wasn't obvious.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 AM

OMG what are you thinking? Get her out right now. Work something out. Crash with a friend. Find her a sublet. Extended stay hotel. Something.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG what are you thinking? Get her out right now. Work something out. Crash with a friend. Find her a sublet. Extended stay hotel. Something.

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents live ~5 mins from our apartment so I'm considering moving in temporarily. I guess I need to see how the next few days go.
We still haven't decided how were splitting up the 4 things we bought together.
TV/stand/stereo- owe $1600
Bed- owe $900
Couches- owe $500
Cat- all hers

I obv want the TV and her to take the rest but we'll see.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, I read the title;
Living with someone post breakup

and all I could think of was;

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NONONONONONONONONONO

just do whatever it takes, but no. no no. especially for a month. nukka u crazy.