Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-25-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Issues with Parents

Yeah that stuff happened when I was younger, my mom would make a huge deal about me taking out her car when I was 16 or 17, stuff like not letting me drive in snow or whatever with her car. I'm just living her until I get my life sorted out, this isn't some long term type thing.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:02 PM

And people wonder why I got the hell out of Pittsburgh...

There's definitely a culture of staying with your parents well after you should have moved the hell out.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But my dad got a bunch of apps, drove me around to places to fill out job apps, and I got a job within a week working at a tennis club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you made this sound like something bad, instead of something good.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you are a pathetic loser and I feel sorry for your parents. No offense intended.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 PM

I had issues with my parents until I moved out, too. Now, I think they're pretty cool. Move out, you'll begin to like your parents more when you don't see them everyday.

And you should be paying rent.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

moving out sounds like ur best option. also, how is it possible that u dont know what ur dad does for a living? i find that unfathomable. unless, of course, u do know and rather not say (mob hitman, male stripper, garbage man, etc).
Old 11-26-2007, 12:16 AM

If I were your parents I'd kick you out of the house so fast your head would spin. You are owed NOTHING! You are a pathetic waste of goo. Sucks to be you, Loser!

BB
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 AM

*Dids*

has anyone suggested that he move out??
Old 11-26-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were your parents I'd kick you out of the house so fast your head would spin. You are owed NOTHING! You are a pathetic waste of goo. Sucks to be you, Loser!

BB

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Ready for some serious advice? Go out and get a second job, try any of the McDonalds, Burger Kings, or Taco Bells within a mile of your house and tell them your willing to close. This solves a couple of problems for you and they usually pay more for closers. And it will keep you out of the house in the evenings, when I would assume your parents are home. Keep you other job, even if it means you work 7 days a week and 70 hours a week (remember, your desprate). Also when you move out, move to a college town and try to rent just a room in a house (or rent just a room anywhere).

Your parents sound a bit out there. My friends parents were like this, always nagging on him, telling he couldn't go out (even when he was an adult in college), and just all the BS that it sounds like you are going through. When he did move out things didn't get any better for him or his brother. As of now, his parents are lonely bitter old people who drove everybody away. Hopefully this doesn't happen in your case.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BB

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, all the while I was growing up I thought, "It wasn't my choice to be born, my parents decided to have me. Some kids are [censored] ups, and that's a chance they were apparently willing to take for the sake of their 'love'. I'll mooch if I damn well please!"

Of course, as I got older, this attitude changed, mostly because I wanted to buy nice things, which mooching doesn't lend itself well to.

To the OP, are your parents extremely rich or poor? Or middle class?