[ QUOTE ]
i just saw the myspaces of 3 of the suspects and it just makes me more mad

[/ QUOTE ]

Links?

[/ QUOTE ]

linky

Recent comment left to him

[ QUOTE ]
DANG BR0 i CANT BELiEVE i JUST SAW Y0 FACE 0N DA NEWS.. DiS HAS G0T T0 BE DA CREEPEST [censored] EVA.. MAN WAT WAS Y0U THiNKiN..? WELL iMA STiLL RiDE FA YA BR0!
$TeeTee$ MY BR0 STiLL G0iN BL0W..

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross
Old 12-01-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
I might be wrong for this I hope these lil [censored] fry!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be damned, not a "Shawn", "Shaun", or "Shane" in the bunch. Well, it was just a theory anyways.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm retarded - I can use google.

1 - Florida is a death penalty state, but -

2 - The Supreme Ct. abolished the DP on minors in 2005.

D

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think this to be a case eligible for the death penalty. Isn't that usually 1st degree murder, and based on the quotes from police, this obviously was not premeditated.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm retarded - I can use google.

1 - Florida is a death penalty state, but -

2 - The Supreme Ct. abolished the DP on minors in 2005.

D

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think this to be a case eligible for the death penalty. Isn't that usually 1st degree murder, and based on the quotes from police, this obviously was not premeditated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Premeditation not required here - Felony-murder statutes cover this one. The murder took place during a burglary.

D
Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 AM

Felony Murder = if you are committing a felony and someone dies, its murder. All 4 are going to jail for life at a minimum, even if (for example) one just sat in the car and drove them away.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Here's another comment left to him (the most recent one): MY BIG BRO DEF DIDNT DO THAT [censored] SO A MUCH NEED 2 GET OFF HIS TRAIL CUZ I DONT BALIEVE HE DID NONE OF THAT [censored] BRO A BITCH ALWAYZ GONE DO 4 U BUT THEY B THA MAIN 1S TURNIN DEY BACK ON YA WEN U GET BEHIND BARZ I LOVE U BRO
**FREE MY BRO C-DUB && ERIC RIVERA**
----------------------------------------------------

Link to a myspace page of the one of the others is here.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 PM

I saw this on PFT and found it interesting:

TAYLOR CASE MAKES NO SENSE TO US

We continue to ponder the comments of Miami-Dade Police Director Robert Parker regarding the murder of Sean Taylor. And we're more and more troubled by them.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Parker said of the suspects. "They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive."

How do we know this? Are the police in Miami suddenly in the business of taking criminal defendants at their word? If that's the case, why no free every inmate in every jail in every state?

After all, they're all innocent. Just ask them.

In this case, what about the evidence that the phone lines were cut before the suspects entered? Some might think that the goal here was to disable any alarm system, but most alarm systems automatically are triggered if/when the phone lines are cut.

Parker, as several readers have observed, sounds more like a defense lawyer than a police officer. Why is Parker presuming that it was merely a robbery gone very bad?

We'll continue to monitor this one. For now, however, there's something about this one that smells bad to us.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:48 PM

The above may be true, but it doesn't matter because of the felony murder doctrine. In other words, the defendants will gain nothing if it is concluded that they were expecting an empty house so it doesn't matter if the police take their word on that point as long as they admit to a felony (which they presumably did).
Old 12-01-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The above may be true, but it doesn't matter because of the felony murder doctrine. In other words, the defendants will gain nothing if it is concluded that they were expecting an empty house so it doesn't matter if the police take their word on that point as long as they admit to a felony (which they presumably did).

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying but I think PFT was speaking more to the motive of the murderers (something I'm very interested in as well) and not the potential punishment they face.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying but I think PFT was speaking more to the motive of the murderers (something I'm very interested in as well) and not the potential punishment they face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. One thing I haven't heard discussed WRT that is that the guys are all under 21. Sean was like 25, so it seems to me that it's unlikely that the killers were people he had known for a long time...you don't hang out with people 5-7 years younger when you are in high school.