Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-22-2007, 08:38 PM

Default A hand.

Table is loose and terrible in general, but otherwise no specific reads. 4th was an attempt to thin the field and build the pot with my big two pair (mostly the latter given these boards). Obviously Seat 1's board is very scary on 5th, particularly given the action on 4th, but hearts are pretty dead, there's a good chance he's one of those super loose players who can't fold a pair on 4th and will just keep calling with it (discounting the likelihood of a 4-flush), and I don't want to give a free card to 3 opponents if my hand is good, so I bet. On 6th, Seat 1 has a monster board and checks? I cannot think of what hand he has represented that I am beating after this action. I just decide to play cautiously and try for a free card. Once he checks again, I'm fairly sure I have him beat, so I make a value bet where I hope to get calls, maybe even overcalls, from worse two pair hands.

Thoughts?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___raises

4th Street - (5.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___raises___calls

5th Street - (9.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___calls

6th Street - (13.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks

River - (13.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (15.25 BB)
Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: A hand.

Bet sixth; otherwise, NH

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-22-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet sixth; otherwise, NH

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand are you putting Seat 1 on?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet sixth; otherwise, NH

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand are you putting Seat 1 on?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to put someone on a hand that's just called down at every opportunity; I would guess he has a small pair in the hole that doesn't include a heart since he might have bet at some point if he did. When he checks 6th to you you have to keep betting your QQ-up. If he was trying to c/r the entire field, so be it; you are completely live to fill.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Who knows what seat 1 has? He's loose and terrible, right? It probably isn't a flush, and it probably isn't trips. You're probably still winning. I'd be more inclined to bet sixth and check seventh than the other way around.

With the small ante and the difficulty in making a hand like Queens-up hold up in a multi-way pot, I'd be inclined to fold to the completion on third.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to fold to the completion on third.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2007, 01:08 PM

I didn't think the call on 3rd was too terrible. No has a doorcard higher than a Q, my hand is completely live, and even though I could make queens up and still lose, the odds are attractive regardless.