Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 08-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Didnt want to make 2 pair here

u beat all 2 pairs too btw. i call and donk teh river
Old 08-14-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop, you have TPTK on a drawy board.

on the turn, what about raising? i am kind of lost what to do here too...any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop here into the PFRR sucks because he will often bluff raise and it will be hard to continue. Raising his turn bet here is terrible. I agree with bobbo and ikestoys on this, I'm not buying that he has a K, I call turn here and check river and see what happens. I don't think he checks AK or KK on this flop. He could have KQ/KJ here I suppose, maybe a KK that was gun shy on the flop but I still think that's unlikely.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u beat all 2 pairs too btw. i call and donk teh river

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you are donking to induce a raise... wtf
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM

c/c c/c against him. I think he's going to think you have [censored] and two barrel air/low pp and there's not much value you'll get out of AT/AJ.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:47 PM

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $427.10
BB: $705.20
UTG: $573.40
Hero (MP): $560.25
CO: $189.95
BTN: $402.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $52.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $36.00

Flop: ($110) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($110) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $78.00</font>, Hero calls $78.00

River: ($266) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $205.00</font>, Hero:?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:00 PM

He's either got a king here or air, I think that's pretty clear. I don't think he's checking the flop with a set. Maaaybe he's checking with 2 pair, but that doesn't matter cause you beat that. Would he really check KQ here? I guess you can worry about KJ and K10 (depending on how loose he 3 bets), but I probably station this and check/call, check/call. I can't really imagine folding the river if you call the turn cause he's probably thinking that you aren't just calling the turn with a king so if he's going to bluff, he'll do it on 2 streets.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Do you all think there is any way he checks the river with anything after the turn action? Generally I hate making generalized statements like "if you have to call the turn you need to call the river", but I think it's pretty applicable here...
Old 08-14-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

youd think he'd bet Kx on the flop, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i rr you here with K5s, i wouldnt bet this flop for fear of being raised. I would take the free card all day.

...that said, i check behind more flop than most people so that might not be the best play for him.

but i still dont think he should bet this flop with Kx.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:53 PM

I like your play this far. Difficult spot on river. But if he is a bit aggro and tricky I will call. I also depend my decission on timing and feel.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:46 PM

this thread is painful to read

he would bet the flop with any K? orly? pretty much any K he could have gives him a pair also which puts him in a "way ahead or slightly behind" spot where he's rarely getting action from the stuff he's way ahead of. or maybe he has the straight on the flop, some ppl will check that, who knows if this is one of those guys

so then the argument is, well, if he has like K4 here, then he'd bet the flop... and the simultaneous argument is that he checked the flop with total air (76s?) but is now betting the turn with it... if this flop is too scary for him to bet with total air, then why does he have to bet it with just a naked king?

pretty much all of the rest of the stuff in his range like Axs etc have showdown value and are just going to try to get a cheap showdown, or stuff like a set is just going to bet the flop (or go for a cheap showdown once the turn hits if they were getting tricky)

and then there are people that want to start betting at all streets and [censored]... with a [censored] bluffcatcher

so in conclusion, WTF