Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Roll Call for USPC Stud Events

The United States Poker Championship Tournament at the Taj in AC next month has three stud events on the 17th ($300+50), 24th($500+60) and 30th($1000+80). Room rates for participants are $65 Sun-Thu and $85 Fri-Sat. Here is the entire schedule of events. Also, here is the structure for the events.

I'm seriously considering going up for a few days around either the stud event on the 17th or the 24th. Anyone else?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Roll Call for USPC Stud Events

If they legalize razz in AC and include an event in the USPC, then count me in!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Last year the stud was a friday which was nice. Relegating us to monday is a dealbreaker for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 PM

I'm undecided. I'm selling at an antique show over the weekend, and will have to see how I do there. If I make enough to afford the buy-in, I'll play. :-)

Lee
Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 AM

They have invested in plastic cards, right?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 AM

Interesting - I didn't even know this was coming up (shows how much time I've been spending at Borg lately). The $1000 one on Sept. 30 looks appealing (mainly because it is early on a Sunday so I wouldn't have to miss work). I may try to play that - I just don't see them getting any kind of real turn out for it. I'd almost be shocked if they got 60 people but I could be way off (they had a 5k stud event at a recent tourney that got like 8 people I think though 5k is much bigger than 1k).

Ok, I think I'll try to show up for this - we'll see what the weekend looks like.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2007, 12:48 AM

I've never understood your issue with the Taj cards (which you've probably posted about like 10 times over the years). They are fine - I don't remember them ever being paper but maybe I missed something. I think there was a brief period a few years ago when there was a card shortage in AC (something related to a KEM factory issue) that caused everyone to use cheap cards for a bit. Perhaps you were there then?

Jeff
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 AM

Kem got bought out by the US Playing Card Company a few years ago, and USPC in their infinite wisdom decided to move the whole operation to Cincinnati, which is where they are based. Production ceased while they loaded everything onto trucks and reinstalled the equipment in the new facility. There was a definite shortage of Kem cards for a while there. Canterbury tried other brands for a time. My one and only trip to the Taj was in December of 2004, and they were using regular paper cards--Bicycle decks or something--which had obvious creases in them. I played at the Trop and the Borg that day as well, and they both had plastic cards.

I think ten times in three years is perfectly reasonable. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]