Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: 25NL: donkish or ok?

Ok but if I call am I supposed to fold to any bet on the turn? I don't see how calling is good at all since I am usually not going to improve. And if i just call the turn / river most of the money is going to be in the pot anyways.

I understand what you are saying about the 3bet though. I think it either has to be a fold or push on the flop?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is on average worse than the hands he calls a 3bet with.

Do you see why calling is best now?

[/ QUOTE ]This is an interesting point. I assume we call down right? The pot will be a lot smaller unless he overshoves at some point.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would a flop checkraise be more productive? We get more value when we're ahead, and can be more sure we're beat when we get 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

but can you usually count on a check raise here? With a limper and the two blinds in the pot.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok but if I call am I supposed to fold to any bet on the turn? I don't see how calling is good at all since I am usually not going to improve. And if i just call the turn / river most of the money is going to be in the pot anyways.

I understand what you are saying about the 3bet though. I think it either has to be a fold or push on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hells no you don't fold to a bet on the turn. Dude probably has AT and thinks he's taking you to valuetown. You really don't have to worry about improving versus his range after he raises the first time, because you're already ahead of it because Ax is such a big part of it. I'd probably check/call turn and re-evaluate the river, betting it for sure if the turn got checked through.

You're right that a lot of money is going to go into the pot, but he's going to feel much more comfortable with just top pair if you don't 3bet the flop.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would a flop checkraise be more productive? We get more value when we're ahead, and can be more sure we're beat when we get 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

but can you usually count on a check raise here? With a limper and the two blinds in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% correct, flop bet is mandatory. You can't count on a bet and people will call a bet in a limped pot with all kinds of garbage. Get value while there's value to be got.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% correct, flop bet is mandatory. You can't count on a bet and people will call a bet in a limped pot with all kinds of garbage. Get value while there's value to be got.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I thought about part of the hand correctly
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 AM

Just 3-bet shove the flop.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just 3-bet shove the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasons please, 5 word responses don't help anyone.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 AM

OK,

1. MP and BTN Limp. To me, how often does anyone, even if it was MP, actually limp in here with AK,KK, or AA. If they did, whatever, with no read, I felt here.

2. Leading with two-pair is the best option because you are waiting for someone to raise and you can come over the top for the rest of your money. You are not deep here so it is not a radical move to just 3-bet push. I like, trying to get money in as fast as possible here as opposed to letting the villain see another card.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 AM

I must say, I am refering to the way OP played this hand.

Like, I would always make my decison based on a read here. There are times when I might just call and fold the turn if I have too because Xanta is right when he says 77 and A7 are absolutly reasonalbe hands that can show here.

Personally, I don't think it makes a difference too much if you call get-in here and they have a better hand as long as you are not make tons of mistakes in your game, regarding other areas.