Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 PM

Default 20k hand checkup (+First 10k at 50NL)

Any comments/questions/critiques are welcome!! Thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: 20k hand checkup (+First 10k at 50NL)

Maybe get the VPIP and PFR values a little closer, preferably by raising more instead of limping. You having a rough time with KK? Don't see it on the list of hands there. I noticed you cold call JJ and TT a lot more often than I do. I have no idea what this means, or if your numbers are normal and mine are not? More importantly...was your macaroni and cheese from scratch a success?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:33 PM

1. May be renew your norton subscription?
2. What made you change your preflop game?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 PM

*2 minutes of laughter@ norton comment*

Ship:

Yeah, so far I'm down 1/2 a BI with KK. It's getting to the point where I see it and cringe. lol As for the cold-calling, I'm still trying to get an idea of what the "standard" range would be for calling a 3bet at 50NL. My thinking is that if all it does is fold out hands I beat, I may be better off cold-calling...at least until I get a better idea of what 50NL is like. I haven't seen your numbers, but if you'd like to share them, send me an IM. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The macaroni&cheese was hella successful. I'd be happy to share the recipe lol. (I'm serious, BTW)

novel: Yeah I should get around to the norton thang. I changed my preflop game for a few reasons.

a) My vpip was really low and I felt like I was leaving a lot of money at the table by playing so tightly. I figured that I read, post hands, and think about the game a lot (even though it doesn't show sometimes) and that I'm (hopefully) at least on par with other players at the level. Playing more hands (to a degree) should make me more money.

b) I found myself in a lot of bad spots when I raised small PPs from EP. (namely I think I was playing too many big pots OOP) and I cbet too much (IMO)

c) I wasn't stealing enough. I think my % to steal was something like 20 or 21. I really felt like this was costing me money.

d) Honestly, my old preflop strategy wasn't fun. I wasn't playing scs or suited aces and because of that, I found less opportunities to semi-bluff, and made very little money from straights and flushes. After a while, I think I got too easy to read as well.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:20 AM

The sample size is still too small. Keep doing what you have been doing, and come back when you have 50k hands.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:32 AM

I recently made adjustment (b) myself, still waiting to see the LT results of this adjustment.

I can't read your positional stats page.

Turn and river AF look low, this shouldn't be hard to keep at a higher number since your VPIP is so low. Call less, make more Raise or Fold decisions.

You're WTSD% and youre W$SD% are higher than mine, but my win rate is higher. I think that maybe you are calling to get to showdown, where you should be betting people off of their hands. These close/orphan pots are easy money spots that you need to recognize and jump on. Recognize situations where you are the only person who can reasonably have a hand and jump on it.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:34 AM

Nice to see the changes Rapid. I think learning to not overplay your hands OOP after raising preflop would help because you should do more raising instead of limp/calling or limp/folding preflop. Get your river AF up(valuebet/raise thinner).
Old 11-23-2007, 12:35 AM

Are you sure making your adjustments right when you move up to a new level a good idea?? Shouldnt you try implement them at the previous level to get used to them etc?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:11 AM

looks very good
Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure making your adjustments right when you move up to a new level a good idea?? Shouldnt you try implement them at the previous level to get used to them etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I made the adjustments, I spent a lot of time thinking and made a few posts inquiring about preflop strategy, so I had a pretty good idea of how I was going to implement, even before I started out. The 10k hands at 25NL were sort of a warm-up, but I immediately felt more comfortable playing this way than I had felt playing 12/8 (or even 11/8 over some stretches)