Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

I'm in the midst of another 26 buy-in downswing in the past two days. I'm such a tilt monkey sigh. Hard to win playing 60/35, 3-betting a huge range and never folding to 3 or 4 bets, and spewing all over the place post.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the midst of another 26 buy-in downswing in the past two days. I'm such a tilt monkey sigh. Hard to win playing 60/35, 3-betting a huge range and never folding to 3 or 4 bets, and spewing all over the place post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope plzbenice reads this post after reading your previous advice to him .:P
Old 11-23-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, 20bb/100 (10PTBB/100) is sustainable long-term for a good player if the games are soft enough. I've got over 50K hands at 0.50/1 and below and I'm averaging 27.8bb/100.

PTBB is usually the standard on this forum though and while you can easily hit 20 PTBB/100 for 10K hands or so if you're running well, I don't think that can be sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

From your stats posted here and seeing you win AA53 vs AAJJds, I know you are running shortterm hot in allins. And that could help explain a big winrate shorterm.

I have an academic interest though in knowing how hot (+EV) one could possibly be for allins over the full 50k (or 20, 30k etc) hands. In theory, I think the allin luck should converge to a normal distribution after 100-150 allins (red vs blue lines in Allin luck on PokerEV). And then run pretty close to at EV thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing here is that while the number of PTBB/100 will eventually reduce due to luck, at the same time, the overall number of buy-ins will slowly increase. So the convergence of lines is very gradual when in absolute terms, they don't even really converge at all.

Here's a long-term graph for you, and apparently, I am quite a luckbox:

So while the PTBB/100 gained are down under 3 and would likely be under 2 if I doubled the number of hands, the absolute number of buy-ins will continue moving further away from expectation the more hands I play. If I put in a million hands, you'd expect it to be off by 100 BI or so.

P.S. I don't buy this "academic interest" stuff at all. You just wanted to see how much better I was running than you so you could feel sorry for yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope plzbenice reads this post after reading your previous advice to him .:P

[/ QUOTE ]

quite!! - PlsBernice - i think you have your post flop agro factor skewed by having the include pre flop agression box checked. the standard way of measuring agro factor here is the unchecked version
Old 11-23-2007, 05:37 AM

Weren't you only saying in Sept how much you would *love* to make 5PTBB? Now you reckon 10PTBB "is sustainable long-term for a good player if the games are soft enough." Your long term seems a 'lil different than mine.

gl

bdd
Old 11-23-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Weren't you only saying in Sept how much you would *love* to make 5PTBB? Now you reckon 10PTBB "is sustainable long-term for a good player if the games are soft enough." Your long term seems a 'lil different than mine.

gl

bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 99% sure you have me confused with someone else. At one point, I may have said that I wanted to make a minimum of 5 PTBB/100 at 1/2 and higher since I was extremely frustrated that I was averaging 1 or 2 over a small sample, but I can't imagine being excited about the idea of having such a winrate.

If you look at that graph I posted, you'll see that I'm averaging 9.84 PTBB/100 since July 1st over 87,000 hands which is both pretty close to 10 PTBB/100 and a pretty large sample the last time I checked. Obviously, I'm running a little above expectation, but I was also playing pretty bad in the 1/2 and 2/4 games for a while. If I just look at 0.5/1 and below, my expectation is over 10 PTBB/100 over a span of 50K hands.

Also, if I just look at hands I played 4-handed or less over that same time period, I'm averaging 25 PTBB/100 over 18K hands. Making a little effort to game select, 10 PTBB/100 isn't hard at all.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:43 AM

Perhaps your ability to estimate probabilities is a little flawed.

http://tinyurl.com/3bev9y

gl

bdd
Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. I don't buy this "academic interest" stuff at all. You just wanted to see how much better I was running than you so you could feel sorry for yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you dirty rotten lucky bastard, but I do actually have an academic interest in it. It's not that I hate money or anything and would rather win money than lose it, but I find this nonsense interesting.

So you are up 38% in all-in luck, and I was down ~50% but if I'm reading the following thread correctly the spread of results can be quite high.

I did find this thread where someone analyzed and the deviations are much larger than I would have guessed: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12234213

I'm trying to figure out how to get the data out of PokerEV into Excel.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you dirty rotten lucky bastard, but I do actually have an academic interest in it. It's not that I hate money or anything and would rather win money than lose it, but I find this nonsense interesting.

So you are up 38% in all-in luck, and I was down ~50% but if I'm reading the following thread correctly the spread of results can be quite high.

I did find this thread where someone analyzed and the deviations are much larger than I would have guessed: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12234213

I'm trying to figure out how to get the data out of PokerEV into Excel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, fwiw aren't the red/blue lines supposed to diverge in the long run?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Do you guys enjoy gambling? Even when I have gotten my money in bad I like seeing cards come off, and like the thrill, unless I am losing a lot lately.

I wonder if this mentality makes me a worse player subconsiously.