Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Every single person that I have known IRL that has gotten a DUI has been in the second category. Therefore, if someone has a DUI, I am much more inclined to think they have a problem based on my theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprises me.
Like tuq, I have known quite a few people who got DUI's who aren't very big drinkers and happened to be pulled over at the wrong time when they were not that badly inebriated.

Came very close to happening to me one time and I'm about the weakest of the weak drinkers. Maybe 2 drinks about once a week, maybe twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% w/ Ding Dong. Face it, if you don't drink a lot; you don't drive when you do drink. Look at it this way, a cop pulls someone over for speeding. Do you really think it's the only time the driver was speeding?

How hard is it to say to yourself, "I've had 3 or 4 beers tonight, I shouldn't be driving."?

I drink a lot. I don't start to get a decent buzz until I have 7 or 8 beers; yet I know that I am legally drunk even if I have 4 or 5. I didn't start drinking until I was about 21-22, and I would be shitfaced after 5 or 6 when I first started.

BTW- For those of you w/ AAA, you can call them up and they will get a cab for you for free if you are a member. I think it's free for the first 2 or 3 miles and then a charge after that.