Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Post legislation tune up. (nitty stats inside!)

So I was a nitty LHE full ring grinder on Party pre-legislation(cold_donker and eff_katrina if anyone remembers me). I played about 15/11/2 and was about a 0.9BB/100 winner over like 300K hands. After a brief and unsuccessful attempt to rebuild after cashing out my bankroll last year, I just about gave up on poker as anything but recreational.

Now I'm trying to become a decent to good 6-max player, but I can't seem to shake my nittiness. Below are my stats over about 16K hands at Full Tilt. I'd appreciate it if anyone can locate any leaks in the stats or tell me where I need to increase my VPIP and PFR.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Post legislation tune up. (nitty stats inside!)

Wow. Anyone ever tell you you're a nit? :-D

So basically you fold every blind correct? Has your nittiness gotten to the point you open muck them?

Definatly need to be playing more hands PF
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Anyone ever tell you you're a nit? :-D

So basically you fold every blind correct? Has your nittiness gotten to the point you open muck them?

Definatly need to be playing more hands PF

[/ QUOTE ]

How far am I from "normal" defending numbers? Can you tell by these stats if I'm doing a decent job when I do defend?

Is the majority of my low VPIP because of my low defense numbers? Or do I need to open up everywhere?

I've always been nitty. I don't know why. I'll never be a LAGTAG, but I'd like to get to some at least reasonable level, like 25/18 or something. I won long term at the Party 5/10 FR game as a 15/11, but I know I'll never make it to 5/10 6max by just playing tight and valuetowning fish.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:59 PM

You need to open up like a mutha in position. 12% raise first in on the button is seriously low. You're missing out on a lot of money here. Do some searching for Oink's button open raising range and work some (maybe not all) of that into your range.

Also, I'd really recommend you read Stox's book. It will help a lot with some of your transition issues.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 PM

i'd say normal defend that people recommend is about 80/50
Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 PM

seems like ur letting people run u over a little too much, ur numbers look alot more like a nl players, did u play that b4 switching?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How far am I from "normal" defending numbers? Can you tell by these stats if I'm doing a decent job when I do defend?

[/ QUOTE ]

For small stakes, I think your defending numbers look fine. If anything, error on the side of caution here. You're not bleeding money in the blinds, so it looks like what you're doing is working.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the majority of my low VPIP because of my low defense numbers? Or do I need to open up everywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither. You DO need to open up, but not everywhere. I would just say you need to really focus more on stealing from LP. This should help you out a little with that.

[ QUOTE ]
I've always been nitty. I don't know why. I'll never be a LAGTAG, but I'd like to get to some at least reasonable level, like 25/18 or something. I won long term at the Party 5/10 FR game as a 15/11, but I know I'll never make it to 5/10 6max by just playing tight and valuetowning fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but you also will not get there overnight. I would suggest implementing small changes every so often. Focus on bringing your LP stats up first (as that is the easiest to fix), THEN start worrying about your blind defense play. You will still lose money in the blinds, but with solid play you will lose less.

Good luck!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do some searching for Oink's button open raising range and work some (maybe not all) of that into your range.

[/ QUOTE ]
If anyone finds this post, I would be very grateful for a link. My searches haven't turned it up so far.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:03 PM

its in the Nov LC thread I think
Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Raneg on button is somewhere bewteen 50% and any2

Mostly between 50-60%

IMO its much more important to learn how to adapt

OP. Check out Stox book. Its very very good on preflop