Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Do I get too greedy when 4 betting AA/KK?

When I raise AA/KK pf I just do my standard bet 3.5BB + 1BB per limper. If someone 3bets me, on averaga, they're going to do it to about 12-14BB. My standard 4bet is to about 40BB. However the majority of the time the people fold. I know I should be glad to just win the pot there since AA and KK don't always win post flop, but I was just wondering if I'm raising a bit too much in these situations?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Do I get too greedy when 4 betting AA/KK?

You should go with your experience and try an adjustment. If people aren't calling a big 4bet, try options like smaller 4bet, shove, and flat call & see whichever one fits best with your playing style. I love flat-calling a 3bet against aggressive opponents because they are betting almost any flop, and he's not going to out-flop so often that we lose money by slowplaying PF. Also if you let him in with medium/big pocket pairs, he's going to go broke against you on like 90% of low-flops, and most other flops too.

If you go with a smaller 4bet with only AA/KK and nothing else, you risk becoming very predictable by regular opponents and you will get no action, but if you're playing against fish they probably won't pick up on it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Do I get too greedy when 4 betting AA/KK?

Against weak players, flat call and outplay them after the flop. Against strong players who will outplay you postflop every hand, just shove all-in.