Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-09-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Funny hand at Venetian

Was playing 1-2 at Venetian tonite...was fairly tipsy as usual. I left table for like 5 minutes to hit the washroom, then when I returned to my table dealer was just ready to pitch the cards and pointed at me, I quickly nodded for him to deal me in and was quite proud to get back in time.

1 guy saw me hurrying to table and as I sat he joked that prob I pick up aces with the effort I put in to return. Sure enough I look down at 2 black aces in the hole. UTG limps...folded to me I raise to $12...blinds fold...UTG tanks for 30 secs then reluctantly folds.

Dealer pushes me the uber 5 chip pot...as I went to stack the chips I noticed that my stack was ~$500 rather than the $400 when I took a break. It was then that I noticed I was sitting at wrong table. I sheepishly got up...told all I was moving to my own table, took a bit, then table erupted in laughter.

Person whose seat I took returned a bit after, and after hearing what happened gave me a high 5 haha.

I told dealer at my own table what happened and asked what the deal is if I had gotten action with my aces and won/lost a large pot...he didn't really know.

Thank God it was just a happy meal pot, but was the 2nd dumbest thing I have done playing live.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Funny hand at Venetian

Great story.

I'm surprised no one said anything as you sat down. I wonder how long the other guy had been gone.

It would have been really funny if you didn't notice the chip stack difference or they had been approximately equal and you continued playing at the table until the correct player showed up.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 AM

1st dumbest thing please?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he doubled down 65ss
Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised no one said anything as you sat down. I wonder how long the other guy had been gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a funny story, but I also wonder about this. How did no one recognize that wasn't the player that was there if there was no "missed blind" or "player absent" lammer at the spot?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Great story.

I was sitting at a table for a few hours once and noticed a guy at the end who I thought had just joined the table. He'd been there as long as I had. I can see not noticing if a different guy sits down if the original player is quiet, keeps out of pots, etc. Some people are easy to miss.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hook, line, sinker.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a funny story, but I also wonder about this. How did no one recognize that wasn't the player that was there if there was no "missed blind" or "player absent" lammer at the spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant figure out why other players sais nothing...perhaps since most are tourists and play live rarely they were to shy to say anything, or not paying appropriate attention....or drunk? Its not like I looked like him at all.

I saw no lammers at the spot, many dealers are lax about about the player absent lammer, I guess the rightful player had not missed his blind yet as well.Perhaps he had just gotten up?

Anyway I guess it was a perfect storm situation haha.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant figure out why other players sais nothing...perhaps since most are tourists and play live rarely they were to shy to say anything, or not paying appropriate attention....or drunk? Its not like I looked like him at all.

I saw no lammers at the spot, many dealers are lax about about the player absent lammer, I guess the rightful player had not missed his blind yet as well.Perhaps he had just gotten up?

Anyway I guess it was a perfect storm situation haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted something similar to this from the Mirage this summer. Though in this case the player actually racked up the chips that were not his and left.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11099626
Old 11-09-2007, 05:10 PM

did you keep the $5 that you won?