Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

View Poll Results: How long does it take you to fall asleep?
0-15 minutes 94 38.21%
15-30 minutes 60 24.39%
30-60 minutes 44 17.89%
1-2 hours 34 13.82%
> 2 hours 14 5.69%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Money

Money: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money

"Money is any token or other object that functions as a medium of exchange that is socially and legally accepted in payment for goods and services and in settlement of debts. Money also serves as a standard of value for measuring the relative worth of different goods and services and as a store of value. Some authors explicitly require money to be a standard of deferred payment.[1]Money includes both currency, particularly the many circulating currencies with legal tender status, and various forms of financial deposit accounts, such as demand deposits, savings accounts, and certificates of deposit. In modern economies, currency is the smallest component of the money supply.Money is not the same as real value, the latter being the basic element in economics. Money is central to the study of economics and forms its most cogent link to finance. The absence of money causes an economy to be inefficient because it requires a coincidence of wants between traders, and an agreement that these needs are of equal value, before a barter exchange can occur. The efficiency gains through the use of money are thought to encourage trade and the division of labour, in turn increasing productivity and wealth.Money is generally considered to have the following characteristics, which are summed up in a rhyme found in older economics textbooks and a primer: "Money is a matter of functions four, a medium, a measure, a standard, a store."There have been many historical arguments regarding the combination of money's functions, some arguing that they need more separation and that a single unit is insufficient to deal with them all. 'Financial capital' is a more general and inclusive term for all liquid instruments, whether or not they are a uniformly recognized tender." "Commodity money is any money that is both used as a general purpose medium of exchange and as a tradable commodity in its own right.[2]Commodity based currencies are often viewed as more stable, but this is not always the case. The value of a commodity based currency as a medium of exchange depends on its supply relative to other goods and services available in the economy. Historically, gold, silver and other metals commonly used in commodity based monetary systems have been subject to regular and sometimes extraordinary fluctuations in purchasing power. This not only damages its stability as a medium of exchange; it also reduces its effectiveness as a store of value. In the 1500s and 1600s huge quantities of gold and even larger amounts of silver were discovered in the New World and brought back to Europe for conversion into coin. As a result, the purchasing power of those coins fell by 60% to 80%, i.e. the prices of goods rose, because the supply of goods did not keep pace with the increased supply of money.[3] In addition, the relative value of silver to gold shifted dramatically downward.[4] Such discoveries of huge sources of gold or silver are a thing of the past, and lend to their supply stability. More recently, from 1980 to 2001, gold was a particularly poor store of value, as gold prices dropped from a high of $850/oz. ($27.30 /g) to a low of $255/oz. ($8.20 /g).[citation needed] It should be noted that gold was not a currency at this time, and was fluctuating due to its status as a final store of value — that is, the price never goes to zero as fiat currencies inevitably do.[citation needed] The advantage of gold and silver, however, lies in the fact that, unlike fiat paper currency, the supply cannot be increased arbitrarily by a central bank." Within the first 6 replys, first to say I have no life and actually read this on a friday night gets six dollars and sixty six cents on stars. You're welcome. "It is also possible for the trading value of a commodity money to be greater than its value as a medium of exchange when governments attempt to fix exchange rates between different commodity monies. When this happens people will often start melting down coins and reselling the metal used to make them. This has happened periodically in the United States, eventually causing it to move away from pure silver nickels and pure copper pennies.[citation needed] Shipping coins from one jurisdiction to another so that they could be reminted was sometimes a lucrative trade before the advent of trusted paper money. [citation needed]Commodity money's ability to function as a store of value is also limited by its very nature. Copper and tin risk rust and corrosion. Gold and silver are soft metals that can lose weight through scratches and abrasions, but this is nothing by comparison to fiat currencies, where billions of dollars can be injected ("printed") into the market within moments.Stability aside, commodity-based currencies may have a tendency to restrain growth in a very active economy. For example, in order to maintain the price level, the supply of money in an any economy must be equal or greater than the volume of goods and services produced. If commodities are used as money, then the total production can easily outstrip the supply of those commodities, which leads to price deflation. The lower prices of goods would signal to their producers to reduce the supply of goods, hence restoring the price level. As such, production within commodity-based economies tends to be limited by the supply of the commodity currency.[citation needed].This problem is compounded by the fact that money also serves as a store of value. This encourages hoarding (in other circumstances known as "saving")and takes the commodity money out circulation, reducing the supply. The supply of circulating commodity currency is further reduced by the fact that commodity moneys also have competing non-monetary uses. For example, gold and silver are used in jewelry, and nickel and copper have important industrial uses. Commodity based currencies also limit the geographic extent of the trading market. To make large purchases either a large volume or a high weight or both of the commodity must be transported to the seller. The cost of transportation of the currency raises the transaction cost and makes long distance sales less attractive."

Good read huh?

Free monies:

and bonus pic:

tl;dr: money is good
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Money

f.u.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 PM

erm...lol?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

I'll just go ahead and say u lost BBV

[ QUOTE ]
Within the first 6 replys, first to say I have no life and actually read this on a friday night gets six dollars and sixty six cents on stars. You're welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

...or maybe you won?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Help! There is blood in my sperm when I masturbate. What should I do?

Answer

Don’t panic.This often happens. It's usually - but not always - due to infection. But it could just be due to a broken blood vessel.

Get yourself checked out by an appropriately qualified medic. The nearest and most obvious place for you to go to is the genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic in Newport, where they deal with this sort of thing all the time.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Answer

Don’t panic.This often happens. It's usually - but not always - due to infection. But it could just be due to a broken blood vessel.

Get yourself checked out by an appropriately qualified medic. The nearest and most obvious place for you to go to is the genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic in Newport, where they deal with this sort of thing all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
i had this problem due to my chronic pr0n eating but i bought a new schlong on teh internet and it has solved itself
Old 11-03-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Answer

[/ QUOTE ]
i had this problem due to my chronic pr0n eating but i bought a new schlong on teh internet and it has solved itself

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I’ve been given the ‘all clear’, I am convinced I have contracted something from a prostitute
Can his vasectomy be reversed?
Coping with a termination
Could stress be causing my sexual problems?
During sexual intercourse, my right testicle moves up into my body
He is insecure about sex
I am a divorced man, and I’m angry at women
I am a guy who has a lot of pre-come
I can only produce a small amount of seminal fluid
I get really bad pains in my testicles and lower abdomen
I have a fetish for girls’ feet
I have blood in my sperm
I have lost all interest in women
I’m a gay male, and I had problems having anal sex
I’m a man who is feaful about becoming gay
I'm a man with sexuality problems
Is my addiction to fantasy about women a normal thing?
It’s impossible for me to form any kind of relationship with women
My boyfriend does not want to have sex anymore
My condom burst while I was having anal sex
My female partner has found out that I am carrying the hepatitis C virus
My husband's prostate operation has complicated our sex life
My partner cannot come inside me
My pubic hair colour worries me
My wife has left me after more than 30 years
Sex is very difficult after my circumcision op
Sex problems – who can help us?
The glans of my penis is very sensitive
What do the Cowper’s glands do?
Why do I feel the need to pass water during sex?
Why do I feel the urge to urinate after sex?
Why do I have such watery semen?
Why is my semen lumpy?