Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: WOW! No Official Ranking Thread. I Will Start One

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Arnold, USF at 25 is ridiculously low. They beat West Virginia who looks like one of the best teams in the country and beat Auburn on the road who looks like the 2nd best team in the SEC. Two close road losses to Top 30 teams isn't any reason to drop a team below Wisconsin. The only time Wisconsin played a team that was even close to being Top 30, they lost by 31 points.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed.

several of my teams are a little out of whack

i guess i feel like punishing them for the nationwide annointment for #1 a few weeks ago. just felt like slapping them around a little
Old 10-28-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6.LSU (i dropped them due to kentucky looking ordinary)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little biased, but seriously lol @ 6.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6.LSU (i dropped them due to kentucky looking ordinary)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little biased, but seriously lol @ 6.

[/ QUOTE ]
they haven't been all that impressive the last 3 weeks, but i still consider them very good. nothing wrong with #6. ASU and Oregon are going to clash. kansas has a tough game against missouri. i predict a loss coming up for BC, and OSU is going to get a hell of a game from Michigan
Old 10-28-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The rule is that they get an automatic invite if they are in the top 12(or top 16 if they are ranked higher than the champion of a BCS conference, which could maybe happen with the SEC this year).

They have the same eligibility requirements for an at-large as everyone else, but no bowl is going to want Hawaii to go in there and get embarrassed, so it's automatic bid or nothing.

Did they change the "2 teams per conference" max rule? The Pac-10 could make that rule look terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how. USC and Cal look like crap.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:36 AM

1. Ohio State
2. Boston College
3. LSU
4. Arizona St
5. Kansas
6. Oklahoma
7. Oregon
8. West Virginia
9. Missouri
10. Buffalo :-)
Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 AM

Im still shocked @ BC not being #1. OSU's 2 best games are against a #23 Purdue team and a #25 PSU. BC beat a then ranked #15 Gtech in ATL and beat a top ten VT team @ tech. BC is winning games and yet some of you guys give teams like Florida and Auburn props for moral victories.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im still shocked @ BC not being #1. OSU's 2 best games are against a #23 Purdue team and a #25 PSU. BC beat a then ranked #15 Gtech in ATL and beat a top ten VT team @ tech. BC is winning games and yet some of you guys give teams like Florida and Auburn props for moral victories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then-ranked doesn't mean anything. Georgia Tech isn't any better, and probably is worse than PSU or Purdue. (Maryland proved that.) The Virginia Tech game, while a good victory, was only won by poor time management by VT and little bit of luck at the end for BC (along with a couple of good drives, finally, by Matt Ryan).

Don't worry. You've got four competitive games and rematch against V Tech (most likely) to prove yourselves.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then-ranked doesn't mean anything. Georgia Tech isn't any better, and probably is worse than PSU or Purdue. (Maryland proved that.) The Virginia Tech game, while a good victory, was only won by poor time management by VT and little bit of luck at the end for BC (along with a couple of good drives, finally, by Matt Ryan).

Don't worry. You've got four competitive games and rematch against V Tech (most likely) to prove yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only connection I have to BC is that Im Catholic. I had to put that out there.

In this thread it seems like people rank teams in their poll based on how the teams are playing right now. i.e. #12 would beat #15 and so on. So if a team like GTech was playing like the #15 team when they played, why does BC not get shown love for this?

For example, in iggymcfly's poll he has Auburn #11 and UF #12. He's saying that these teams are playing like 11 and 12 right now, not looking at their entire body of work (if Im wrong on this tell me).

Regarding the bolded statement, a win is a win man and I dont believe in moral victories. BC beat VT. This is like the people who say the UM and USC upsets are flukes. Yeah they are, but they DID HAPPEN. If LSU loses another game and doesnt make the NC game, there will still be people out there saying that they are "the best team in the nation."
Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For example, in iggymcfly's poll he has Auburn #11 and UF #12. He's saying that these teams are playing like 11 and 12 right now, not looking at their entire body of work (if Im wrong on this tell me).

[/ QUOTE ]

Florida's lost three of their last four.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Top five teams:

1) LSU
2) Oregon
3) tOSU
4) Oklahoma
5) AZ State

Where I would rank them if I could vote (what they deserve)
1) tOSU
2) AZ State
3) Boston College
4) LSU
5) Oregon