Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 AM

Default NL100 Party, Straight on Turn, very ugly River card, 1.x Potsize left

PartyPoker $100 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stacks &amp; Stats
SB ($138.41)
CO ($89.30) (53/16/2.64/34) (55h)
BU ($45.64)
BB ($106.49)
Hero ($99.76)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, CO calls $3, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($7.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($13.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets $5</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, CO calls $15.

River: ($53.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

Villain is a live one, so far he did not respected my cbets, but liked to make small bets for his own. That's why I didn't cbet but liked to c/c the flop for drawing cheap and to c/r the turn. Villain thought long before calling the c/r at the turn.

What should be my line on the river?

Should I play any street before different?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: NL100 Party, Straight on Turn, very ugly River card, 1.x Potsize left

Leading this river is tuff given stack sizes at this point. It makes b/f really difficult due to the good odds we will be getting, and b/c will probably get us owned by a flush. I am not sure if even this live one will shove worse with any kind of reliable frequency. C/C could be really spewing because he should be checking behind a ton of hands with showdown value that would have likely called a bet. Not to mention shoving better hands/bluffs which puts us in a really crap spot. Where we are trying to fiqure out villain's bluffing frequency on his river shove.

This may note be a bad time to block the river for 20 and fold to shove. Unless we believe he is the bluffy/aggro and will try to shove us off a better hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: NL100 Party, Straight on Turn, very ugly River card, 1.x Potsize l

start by betting the flop please, standard spot for a cbet/semibluff imo.. As played I probably end up shoving the river just because CO sucks bigtime
Old 10-26-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: NL100 Party, Straight on Turn, very ugly River card, 1.x Potsize l

villain is weak or on a draw. river i'd b/f 30.

*who am i lying to i call if he raises.