Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Fighting fire with fire

In the culture wars, I've come to the conclusion that the "family values" people have it right. The only way to settle the issue is to force the other side to live right. Therefore, I am proposing the following reforms

Abortion: All women who don't have adequate financial resources or don't satisfactorily complete parenting classes shall be required to have an abortion. No child should be brought into the world by unprepared parents.

Sex education: By the age of 15, all children must complete sex education classes. Now, I'm not just talking about how babies are made and contraception and disiease prevention here. These of course will be included, but the classes will also include practical instruction. Students will have the choice of participating wiht partners of their choice or having partners randomly assigned. Trained instructors will guide the students in practical excercises including intercourse, anal and oral sex. Participation will be mandatory, even for students in private, or parochial schools, or home schooled. Gay sex will of course be included. After all, how can one truly know whether he or she is gay, straight or bi without tryijng out all of the options? Parents will no longer have the option of depriving their post-pubescent children of the benefits of a healthy sex life.

Ban on herterosexual marriage: In the spirit of affirmative action, and in the firm conviction that two wrongs do indeed make a right, heterosexual marriage will be banned for the next 5000 years.

Evolution: It will be mandatory for all religious intruction classes, be they Sunday school, catechism, Hebrew Shool, or whatever, to include instruction in the theory of evolution. All participants in these classes must reqad "Origin of Species" and pass a test. If they want to madate the teaching of religion in science classes , we can by God mandate the teaching of science in religion classes.

For those of you with broken sarcasm detectors, yes, I am kidding. What I have proposed above is outrageous, but no more outrageous than what the "family values" people advocate.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Fighting fire with fire

This is a gold star post. Bravo.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:51 PM

I think that most people on this forum will appreciate what you are saying. Now, if only everyone else would understand how ridiculous these "family values" authoritarians are.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:27 PM

Family values, alternative values, fundamental Islamic values ... whenever any are imposed at the point of a gun or sword, they all lose their value.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a gold star post. Bravo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do it often, but I have to agree with this man.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 PM

The best way to promote any behavior would be for the government to make it illegal.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:19 AM

Fighting fire with fire is a notiously bad way to put out a fire.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sex education: By the age of 15, all children must complete sex education classes. Now, I'm not just talking about how babies are made and contraception and disiease prevention here. These of course will be included, but the classes will also include practical instruction. Students will have the choice of participating wiht partners of their choice or having partners randomly assigned. Trained instructors will guide the students in practical excercises including intercourse, anal and oral sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2006, 05:45 AM

Family values are not bad. Many are probably a good idea. Forcing everyone else to live by *your* values is bad.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Family values are not bad. Many are probably a good idea. Forcing everyone else to live by *your* values is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I definately agree with the latter statement, can you clarify what you mean by "family values?" I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't really understand what that phrase means.