Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Farewell 2+2...My final post...

A few years back, a WPT player by the name of Paul Phillips said "my first post deleted here will be my last". Lo and behold, one of the mods unnecessarily deleted his post and he was gone forever. When the dust settled, 2+2 realized that they had made a mistake in deleting this post and asked Paul to come back (after apologizing). He never did.

I've been a member here since 2003 and have over 5000 posts: almost all of them are in strategy or related forums. I don't post in OOT or any of the other non-poker related forums. I feel like I have contributed a lot to this community: both FRNL and 2+2 in general.

So I would expect the respect of careful consideration before ANY of my posts are deleted.

Recently there have been some threads on shortstacking. They have contained both strategy and the effects of shortstacking on the games as a whole. I'm in the camp that believes shortstacking is not good for online poker, along with many others.

Daniel Negreanu recently created tables requiring both a 50bb buy-in and a 40bb buy-in. He has a thread in NVG discussing this and asking if there are any changes we, as PokerStars players, would like to see. I responded that I would like to see these same tables at the lower limits.

I linked to that thread in one of the "shortstack" discussion threads in this forum. And it was deleted.

Granted, my URL said (as a joke) "Die shortstackers!" or something along those lines. But the thread I linked to was extremely relevant to the issue being discussed.

I think the mod that deleted my post was out of line, and quite frankly, that really makes me not want to participate here. I look around and I don't see the kind of quality 2+2 posters that this place used to have. I think mis-modship has a lot to do with that. These are the reasons that Paul Phillips, Ed Miller, and now myself (amongst others) have moved on.

So good luck everybody. I hope this place gets staightened out at some point.

I will be pming one of the mods to send them the money for the FRC for those that are still involved in that.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Farewell 2+2...My final post...

please stay
Old 09-25-2007, 02:32 PM

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but I think it's a little silly and probably immature to let one jerk ruin your participation in a community that it seemed to me you really enjoyed being a part of. I know I don't post a whole lot and don't really know you that well, but I think I can speak for others by saying you will be missed here. See ya at the tables I guess.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please stay

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they fixed it dude. I don't think you should leave. They just took the die reference out. Which I thought was kind of funny but I know they have stiff rules about death threats or whatever pc crap.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=3&vc=1

EDIT:
Never mind it was the post that pokerboy linked to in that thread that got deleted. Please don't leave over one incident.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Srsly. I like your posts and your contribution in general to 2+2. You have over 5000 posts. You're gonna leave everything because of one mod's (bad) decision to delete ONE of your posts?

What I'm saying is: quit acting like a little girl.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM

This sucks.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM

hah...I've been close to leaving many times

I doubt I'll ever post specific strat again

good luck to you 1p0kerboy...there are a few other good poker forums out there

your contributions have been good, you will be missed
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

There has to be a deeper reason for this.
There's no way you're leaving just because a mod made a mistake once and deleted your post.

If you feel a moderator decision was in the wrong, we have ways to address that. Quitting over one relatively minor incident seems odd. Do you feel there is a bigger problem in this area?

I've always enjoyed your participation here PB and you were one of the first here that helped make FR a success. Hate to see you leave over something so small.

No clue why the post was deleted.
Closed Thread