Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 12:18 PM

Default 33$*s NLTRN: 44 OOP turns set on flushboard, strange villain behaviour

No real reads, he did raise 2 out of 2 hands from the button however. Also this took place at 6:15PM GMT+1 where the chance is higher to encounter decent opposition (relative to the limit).

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1580
hero: t1420

Pre-flop: (2 players) hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB calls t10 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t30)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t80</font>, SB calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t100)</font>.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t160, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets t120</font>, SB calls t120 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t280)</font>.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t400, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: t400

I dont know anything about him to tell what the limp call means or whether he floats a lot. Who fires again, who checks? What do you do if you fire and get raised? What do you do if you check and he bets?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: 33$*s NLTRN: 44 OOP turns set on flushboard, strange villain behav

I'd bet ~250 and call a raise (not a shove) here. There is a lot out there for him to have besides the flush, I wouldn't be too scared until he raised. If he does at least you have boat outs.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: 33$*s NLTRN: 44 OOP turns set on flushboard, strange villain behav

Id check, heres why, if u check an opponent would usually think either 1) ur scared of the flush or 2) u really dont have a hand. In either case this would give him a chance to take a stab at the pot, im not really afraid of the flush.

If u check to him and he leads out for 200 or 250 i would check/raise to 700-750 and easily call a shove.

If u check to him and he checks back, 1) u get a chance to fill up on the river if he decided to not bet his flush. 2) You will get him to call ur 250 bet with a pair of 10s.

The reason i wouldnt bet out here is, hes gonna probably fold a 10 or an 8, raise with a flush.

Anyways id be willing to get it all in here in either case.
( the only really ugly scenario would be if u check he checks and river is a heart)