Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Paperchamp\'s NFL Week 2

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer Tenn +7 than -7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. typo. Tenn -7 might be -EV...
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Can you explain why you think Tenn is a good bet? genuine curiosity, not trying to be a dick. you're posting your pick, so surely you wouldn't mind posting your analysis as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why you think Tenn is a good bet? genuine curiosity, not trying to be a dick. you're posting your pick, so surely you wouldn't mind posting your analysis as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not touching Tenn v Indy either way because it's tough to know how Tenn will match up against a team with great receivers/passing game without their best corner (Pacman) from last year.

However, I haven't heard any analysis about why Tenn +7 is so great. People care about why you picked a side, not which side you picked.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tenn's won 7 of last 8 with VY at QB, getting 7.5, at home, v a team they beat last year. I have doubts Indy's D is magically rust-proof. Tenn could be the best rushing team in the NFL this year with Vick out. Presumably, VY will be better at throwing vs NFL D's this year with a full year and 2 camps under his belt. JMHO.

Line opened at 9 and is down to 7-7.5 already. So a lot of people tend to think T.T. is a good bet.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 PM

the first few replies in this thread are clear evidence of why most bettors lose

i'll probably be on the first two with you, but i doubt i'll bet the carolina game, gl
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tenn's won 7 of last 8 with VY at QB, getting 7.5, at home, v a team they beat last year. I have doubts Indy's D is magically rust-proof. Tenn could be the best rushing team in the NFL this year with Vick out. Presumably, VY will be better at throwing vs NFL D's this year with a full year and 2 camps under his belt. JMHO.

Line opened at 9 and is down to 7-7.5 already. So a lot of people tend to think T.T. is a good bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so. VY also had a ton of positive variance last year, and lots of people, including myself think his performance will fall off. I just know I'm happy w/colts +7.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just know I'm happy w/colts +7

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people keep messing this up [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 09:54 PM

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Ten/Ind u45.5 (I've already bet 2u on that unders for reasons badly covered in the 3+1 thread). Ten +7.5 looks pretty much just as good to me but I feel that if they get established enough to get within a TD, they'll kill enough clock to take it unders. We also have the escape that the Colts actually do batter them it's likely to be an unders total as well.

Taking the unders means, (obviously) we miss out on the 28-21 type scores, but I don't think we miss out on many other scenarios.

Lori
Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not touching Tenn v Indy either way because it's tough to know how Tenn will match up against a team with great receivers/passing game without their best corner (Pacman) from last year.

However, I haven't heard any analysis about why Tenn +7 is so great. People care about why you picked a side, not which side you picked.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did sign Nick Harper in the off season. I know he doesn't have the same rep as Pacman, but he's a solid corner. The only knock on him is that he struggles versus bigger receivers, which isn't a problem vs Indy.