Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: The movement to remove shortstackers!!!

the link is not working for me
Old 09-12-2007, 02:45 PM

I am hesitant too because most SS suck. But of course this doesn't mean all tables will have a min. buy-in. But I don't want to see a massive separation where all the SS play on the regular tables and all the DS play at the DS table, because I like to play both. (In reality I only "enjoy" the DS, but I "enjoy" the SS $$ so I don't mind a couple at the table as long as they're not uber tight)

I could see this being great for Daniel though since I have to think it's hard for him to find a "real" game on PS, because I think there are so many donks that will buy-in short (with their entire roll) to the game he plays in. Of course he'll probably win their money, but if he's looking for anything more stimulating it would probably be hard. Of course i'm not sure whether he cares to play online for fun anyway or whether he's somehow obligated through the endorsement deal.

Anyway, I guess i'm for it, but i'm not real passionate either way.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm pretty sure this one works
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12047454
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM

Yes, please do away with this scourge!

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $47.15
BB: $11.85
UTG: $48.95
UTG+1: $46.85
Hero (MP1): $70.30
MP2: $33.35
CO: $17.90
BTN: $68.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Turn: ($14.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, BB calls all-in for $4.85
Uncalled bet of $0.15 returned to Hero

River: ($23.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $23.95 ($1.15 Rake)

BB had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (high card Jack) and LOST (-$11.85)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON (+$10.95)
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM

reasons to like a 50BB min buyin:
-it will happen eventually as almost all games are on the pathway to being completely dominated by competent shortstackers
-those with fullstack skills feel cheated that someone who plays a less complex style can be just as profitable. Fullstack 'experts' like to feel as though they've earned something, and perhaps they have
-it makes the game easier to play for a fullstacker as they have to be less aware of stack size adjustments, etc.

reasons to like a 20BB buyin:
-it reduces the 'expert' player's edge, which keeps fish around longer. This maintains good games being available, which welcomes in more fish. Once the poker economy passes a tipping point in the shark to fish ratio, it will devour itself up. Shortstackes help prolong that tipping point from being reached.
-At 400NL and below, the bad shortstackers outnumber the competent shortstackers by a very large amount. It seems unwise to get rid of so many fish taking shots just to avoid the 3-4 regulars who will grind out their profit.

whatever, I'll make money either way.

However, when I hear a small, albeit, vocal minority protesting about something that hurt's their edge, I tend to think it will be bad for the poker economy if the sites listen to that professional minority.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 PM

There are hardly any 20BB SSers at 400nl on FTP but plenty of people who buy in for 40BBs (I like to call them "dinner").

I'm on the fence about the issue. I don't like having people with 20BBs at my tables but I'd rather have them at my tables with 20BBs than at a lower limit table.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 PM

I short stacked for a month or so and I dont understand why everyone hates them so much. While I was short stacking, I noticed so many other TERRIBLE short stackers who put their money in at the wrong times. Also, with any player, you need to adjust. Short stackers who are playing 12 tables at a time do not do much adjusting and are fairly easy to play against.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Seriously. When I 1 or 2 table, the easiest reads and fastest money comes from the bad shortstackers - those that minraise early with JTs or limp in the middle with 44. AND THEY KEEP COMING BACK AND DOING THE SAME!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 PM

notfreemoney:

I hate your avatar. I spent 30 seconds or so trying to squash that thing on my monitor, until I realized it was your avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
notfreemoney:

I hate your avatar. I spent 30 seconds or so trying to squash that thing on my monitor, until I realized it was your avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1