Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Default New Software. PokerStove clone w Weights and fold equity calc

Well it is actually pretty old. I have had it lying around a while and finally got around to making a website it. When I started learning poker, I found PokerStove incredibly useful. This program is an homage to PokerStove, with a couple of extra things I wanted.

1. The ability to weight hands within a range.

E.g. You are dealt Ace King and raise, everybody else folds and your opponent pushes all-in. You believe he would make this play with pocket Kings or Aces 100% of the time. However if he had Queens or Ace-King himself, you believe he would make this play 50% of the time. For his range, you can enter KK, AA, QQ(50), AK(50). Holdem Ranger calculates your equity against QQ and AK, but only weights those hands 50% as much in the overall result.

2. More flexible hand range inputs.

You can enter Ad2d+ for A2 diamonds, A3 diamonds... AK diamonds. Or you can enter AdKd-AdJd for AdKd, AdQd and AdJd

You can enter the suit for just one card. E.g. AdA is all pairs of Aces containing the Ace of diamonds (AdAs, AdAh and AdAc). AdT is all combinations of the Ace of diamonds and a Ten.

You can enter 45s-9Ts for all suited connectors from 45 through 9T. Or 46s-8Ts for one-gapper hands. Or you can specify the suit with 4d5d-9dTd. You can also enter SCd as shorthand for diamond suited connectors 45-9T.

3 Fold percentage calculation.

E.g. you are dealt AK and raise. Everybody folds except an opponent in the big blind and he re-raises. You believe he would only do this with any pocket pair Jacks or higher. You believe if you push all-in, he will fold everything apart from pocket Aces and Kings. If you enter the hands he will call with followed by the hands he folds, separated by a '/' (i.e. "KK+ / JJ, QQ"), Holdem Ranger will give you the percentage of times he will fold. You can also weight hands within his calling and folding ranges. So if you believe he will call with QQ half the time and fold the rest, you can enter "KK+, QQ(50) / QQ(50), JJ.

4. Less nitty input

Again I should sing the praises of PokerStove, but I did find the input a bit fiddly at times. I have not included a graphic card selector, but hopefully it is a little more forgiving if you put a space where a comma was expected and a little more informative if you input something the program doesn't understand.

Still reading? Here's the link:-

HoldemRanger.com
Old 08-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: New Software. PokerStove clone w Weights and fold equity calc

awesome... great work. This ia a badly needed upgrade to an already great program in Poker Stove.

rvg
Old 08-30-2007, 05:01 PM

If you say: QQ, AK, does this mean that there is equal chance your opponent has each type of card, or does it give him a range of all QQ combinations and all AK combinations, which would make AK more likely.

And if you add (50) after it, same question?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:07 PM

No it works like Pokerstove. It goes through all the available combos so AK is weighted 16:6 against QQ.. Assuming you don't have A,K or Q.

The AK(50) means it weights the results from AK combos by 50% in the final equity. SO AK(50), QQ would skew the results 8:6 in favor of AK.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome... great work. This ia a badly needed upgrade to an already great program in Poker Stove.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 PM

Very nice Mike, many thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Very nice, gonna try it right away.

Suggestion:
Can you make it calculate the equity when you press Enter? Or is there a reason that application closes when I press it, at least on Vista that is.

Also, can you make the calcluate equity button a bit bigger (maybe bold text)if pressing Enter is not an option, button kinda get's lost, or maybe it's just me not being used to it yet.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 PM

Sick, thanks.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sick, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 10:51 PM

OMG this is excactly what I've been waiting for!