Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 06-29-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Fold QQ pre-flop to all-in? 10NL

I haven't been at the table long, so no real reads. Haven't seen villain in many hands -- haven't really noticed him.

10-handed.

I had just been forced to fold when I raised a guy to my right who bet the turn into three spades. I was holding the As, but he went all-in, and I folded. He had bet flop and I had called (mistake, I know -- raise or fold). He claims to have had a K-high flush.

Next hand, I get QQ in UTG+2. (UTG and I have ~100bb stacks.) UTG limps, guy to might right limps, I raise to .60. Folds to UTG who goes all-in. UTG+1 folds.

Would you fold QQ? Is it player dependent?

I'm trying to practice folding big hands when I think I'm beaten. Is this a good/bad spot to fold?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Fold QQ pre-flop to all-in? 10NL

All in over .60? I'm not sure what to make of that - is UTG pushing junk to take down the pot, or is he hoping for a call with AA?

I fold this just because it's ridiculous. If he does it again I might start calling with QQ.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM

This is a good spot to fold against a normal player as you figure to be at best ~50% against AK normally and VERY often up against AA. But in 10NL the answer might change... it is very much player dependant. I probably call.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:23 AM

It's $10.....Arrrrrr in!!!1
Old 06-29-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's $10.....Arrrrrr in!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Reads would make it a call. If he was shortstacked, a maniac or if you knew you beat his pushing range, then call. But a limpreraise all-in from an otherwise sane player usually means KK+, and i think you can safely fold. I agree with CityFan: if he does this repeatedly, start looking him up.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 PM

I call with any pair higher than sixes in that situation at 10NL. You'd be suprised how ofton you see someone doing this with A6 suited.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Unfortunately, if you are really working on being disciplined I think you've got to fold.

However like Wallenborn said, I'd be looking for ANY semi-decent reason to call. In truth, I'm usually not so very disciplined myself and since you just had the hand where you may have been perceived as being kind of mousy, I probably would have called (incorrectly most likely) here.

This actually just happened to me recently and the villain was very Laggy and aggressive. Naturally I called his limp/3bet push with my QQ. He had AA, I hit my set on the flop, and I lost with a Q-high flush to his A-high on a 4-flushed river. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 PM

I'm trying to play as if this weren't 10NL. It's so easy to put $10 in the pot and just reload. If this were anything higher, even 25NL, it wouldn't be so easy.

I probably need to just move back up to 25NL. I have the bankroll, but I had cut down my actual money online and have been playing live a lot more.

Thanks for the advice. Funny, a little before the hand I was thinking about people who limp re-raise with KK, AA. I called; he had KK and it held.

I should have gone with my gut and played smart poker -- fold, take notes on the player, and stack him later.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Grunch

Even at NL10 this is usually aces or kings most of the time and of that its usually Aces. It's so transparent, especially when it comes out of the blue and yet I see so many people call this. The key to your read was that he hadn't done anything that made you notice him. It was out of character. Now against a someone who is over-aggressive I insta-call this, but you notice over aggro players most of the time.