Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Foxwoods TR- $1/2NL

I got there at 10am and got seated at a $1/2 $300max table with easily more than $6k on it. One guy had about 2.3k in front of him, but supposedly had over 3k earlier. He'd been there since the previous night. And 2 other guys had $1k, and most people were $300-$500. After a rotation or 2 I realized the table was a limp-fest and the deepstack guy was a serious station. I had an old asian 'gamblertype' to my right, and after one of his raises I heard a limp monkey say "wtf- of course he's raising- he raises every [censored] hand". A few hands later I get KK in LP. It limps around, crazyoldazn bets $15, I raise to $45, and deepstack and oldazn both call. Azn called leaving about $120 behind. The flop came out TKx doublesuited. I fired out $105, deepstack thought for a long time and folded, and then the azn thought forever and was clearly pissed about having to fold. I didn't show my KK, but later wished I had. I started to raise frequently from MP-LP, and I was taking down lots of pots with cbets. The deepstacker was showing some respect to me and folded to a double barrel when we took a flop heads up. I'm pretty sure it was A-hi,but I had 78s without any real outs. The turn had brought 2 flush draws, and he checked to me, so I had to fire out. He wasn't afraid to bet, and had been betting his flush draws previously, so I really felt a bet was the right move.

My raises soon stopped getting any respect, and my standard raise to $15 was getting 4-6 callers. I even squeezed with junk to $50 and got 5 callers once. People seemed to partially understand implied odds, and once 2 people called, basically everone else 'had to call'. The guy on my left was tilting, and a 'regular' there, as were 6 other players on the table he said. I saw someone reraise to $40, deepstack called and then tiltmonkey called with 33, leaving himself $140. He missed his set on the flop and announced, "I would've doubled up SOOO fast if that 3 hit!." Well played....

My stack was only up to $450 or so, because I wasn't getting to any showdowns. I couldn't get paid off. Then I raised A9s from the button, and lost $100ish when I got into some kicker trouble on an A-hi flop against him. He had just called from the BB with AJ. I continued to leak chips as I would bet to $15-$17 PF and get many callers, killing my action on missed flops. A young good azn with about $1k in front of him was seated 2 spots to my left. He commented that I kept stealing his button, and that he'd have to take a stand eventually. I then either squeezed to $45 or I repopped the oldazn with Q4s. Only the deepstack guy called me. Flop was A-hi doublesuited. He checked, and I fired out $45 again, he said "i know you don't have an ace, but neither do i", and then folded.

Finally I pick up a real hand in MP. AQs. There's a bunch of limpers, so I raise to $20, youngazn raises me to $50, and it folds back to me. I comment, "that's nearly a minraise.....?", he said, "i know- the scariest kind." Flop came out TJx with 2 of my suit. I checked, he bets $60. My plan had been to c/r him, but I had $280 behind so I said 'allin'. He thought for a long time, asked if flopped a set of J's. I had heard him tell his friends earlier that he was going to leave soon, and he had just won a big pot, so I didnt' think he'd want to get involved in a big pot, but he finally called with KK. I missed all of my outs, and he took my stack. It was about 12:30, so I figured I'd take a break to get lunch and cool down.

I had withdrawn $400 from an ATM on the way down, and I had $80 left in my pocket, so I hit an ATM again, and tried to get another $400. But I had hit my $500 max for the day. So I got a smoothie from B&J, and then said I'd put $20 down at War, and if I won the hand I'd withdraw another $100 from my ATM, and sit with an even $200. I just couldn't bring myself to sit with $180, and I was angry at myself for not bringing more cash. I actually came overrolled the last 2 times, and had way too much money. I hit the war table, it was just me and the dealer. I told him I was there for one hand, and he said he hopes I get an ace. He deals me a card, and it's an ace! He turns over a 5, and it looks like I'll be there for a few more hours.

I withdraw my max, and head to the table, but my seat has been taken. They reseat me at a new table. A lot less $$$ here, but probably softer competition. I take it easy for a few rounds, I only see one strong player who has about $150 in front of him. He's a wangster and is raising a lot and playing aggressively but I wouldn't say he's good, just aggressive and tough to play against. He raises a bunch of limpers from MP and gets one caller, I finally squeeze him from the button with KQs to $45. Flop comes AAT and he shoves for $105. I'm pissed about folding, and hate being shortstacked with $150 now. The wangster continue to play aggressively, frequently putting people allin, and as my stack dwindles I'm not getting any implied odds to make calls, and I'm getting frustrated. Wangster calls someones raise with T6o, and turned 2 pair getting a fair amount of the guys stack. He said "I called because you're the only guy I'm having luck against." After that I decide to call my bank to get my daily max on my ATM changed. It takes about 5 minutes, and I'm able to get another $300. I can finally sit with the table max. I start mixing it up right away, and get involved in a few hands with the wangster. He's constantly getting the better of me. I reraise him PF to $45 with AQs, he calls. I cbet a J-hi 2heart flop, and he calls. Turn is the Kh, check, check (I don't have any hearts). River is a blank, he checks, I bet $90. He thinks for a minute and calls with 3rd pair. Like T7 or something for a pair of 7's. I tell him I'm not going to play any hands with him any longer, but I feel like that AQ hand will get me paid off later. (I talked to a kid at the cashiers window later who was at the table when this hand happened, he brought up that he couldn't believe wangster made that call with 3rd or 4th pair.)

He continues to play aggressively, and is turning and rivering crazy [censored] to win hands. He calls most raises with a huge range. He's up to about $850 and is still reraising a lot of people allin without any showdowns, and finally it limps to me on the button, I raise to $15 with J9s. Only wangster calls. Flop comes 9 hi, 2 suits. He fires out $30, I think briefly and reraise him to $90. He announces that he knows what I have and goes allin. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what I have and I ponder for a bit, and decide he's easily doing this with bottom or middle pair, as I've seen him do before, or possibly with a flush draw, and I call for $250 more. He confidently shows 9To, and I quickly show him my 9J. It holds up and he pays me off. He said he put me on a AQ or AKs flush draw.

He's clearly tilting now, and doubles up 2 shortstacks, and is getting bullied by a husky farmgirl who is very good and is repopping a lot of his raises. He tightens up considerably, but we have this really bad young indian player between us who I'm so tempted to squeeze, so I finally reraise with ATo, and they both call. Flop is A9x, with 2 hearts. Wangster leads out for $100, and indian calls.......because he's tightened up, and I showed a lot of strength PF, I fold. The indian gets his remaining $40 in on the turn, and then rivers his flush with 67s. Wangster shows JJ. I suppose I got off easy.

I later saw farmgirl raise PF, crazy russian and wangster all called. Flop was KT7 rainbow, farmgirl bet $15, russian called, and wangster raised to $50. Farmgirl called and then russian shoved allin for $380 more. Russians action looked pretty crazy, but strong, and wangster made the call with QT and lost to T7....yuck.

Indian continues to hemorrhage chips, and I reraise wangster again, but this time with JJ. Wangster is getting short and folds, but indian calls. Flop is 9hi, and he leads into me, and then calls my allin. I forget what he had, but I had him dominated.

Another bad player sits down short. He raises, I reraise with JJ to $45, tight guy at the other end calls, and the badplayer raises allin to $75. I know I can't raise again, but I ask anyways, hoping to get the tight guy to fold his remaining $150. While everyone at the table offers their opinions and reasoning, I hear the tight guy say something in favor of giving me the option to raise, and I can tell by the extreme confidence in his voice that I'm way behind. I call, and then he asks if he can raise, and the whole debate starts over again. He finally calls, and the flop comes out JTx DS. He announces he's allin, and I quickly call. He has AA, and the bad shortstack has KQ. He turns his straight, and the river blanks. I win a nice sidepot.

Wangster finally busts out, and farmgirl finally leaves the table with $750. She was directly to my left, and frequently in my way, so I'm happy to see her go. The rest of the table is pretty bad. I have a young thug directly to my right, and he wants to keep everything 'friendly'. He raises all the time, so I repop him with 99, he asks if I'll keep it friendly and I say it depends on the flop. He folds KTs. I finally knock out the tight AA guy when he's getting short again, and I raise JTs from LP. He calls and the flop is J hi. He makes a very weakish bet, so I reraise to $30. He goes allin for $20 more. I call, and he can't beat top pair.

Soon after this, youngthug raises again, I repop him with AK. He asks to keep it friendly. Flop comes AKT, 2 clubs. I make a strong cbet, he calls. I hope for a low red card to come out....and the 2h comes. He leads for $40....which is very small- i put him allin. His stack is slightly bigger than the pot at this point. He thinks and then says he's folding his flush draw, and folds.

My wife calls again, to see if I'll be home by 9 as promised, and despite the very weak table and my monster chipstack, I decide to finally leave the table with $1075. Not a great day, but pretty good considering the hole I dug for myself early. I don't think I hit one straight or flush all day. But people did hit a ton of draws against me. I still can't complain though. It was fun.

I've been playing tourneys while I write this, and just lost AA<JJ on the final 3 tables, and then on the bubble of the $8r, when the button raises to 4bb's and I resteal by raising 14bb's allin with AQo from the BB. He supposedly misclicks and calls with J5s and wins.....gg. I should've gone back to foxwoods today......
Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods TR- $1/2NL

So, the cliff notes are "played $1/2NL at Foxwoods"?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:51 AM

Nice report, thanks. Typical 1/2 Donkwoods!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:15 PM

lol cashgameaments
Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 AM

wtf is a wangster? how can a flop be double suited it's not an omaha hand!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 PM

a flop in omaha has the same amount of cards as in hold'em, Stark.