Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Live One Day Seering

This is probably the most important concept in a 9 player turbo.

As the seer, you do not have to worry about living more than one day. Think about that.

As the seer, you do not have to live more than one day.

In a long game, dying on night 2 is disastrous. In a 9 player turbo, you expect and are happy to die on night 2.

You must avoid dying on night 1, or if you do, making your peeks are communicated.

This is the essence of using "if I'm seer" peeks to fool the wolves into not killing the seer and having the insurance policy of the real peek if the seer dies.

This also applies to long games where you have a huge amount of peeks that need to be communicated, but you also want to live another day.

Example: 9 player turbo where a wolf is lynched day 1.

This is a perfect time just to say "If I'm the seer, I peeked xxx and xxx, both villagers." One more day alive is a lock, but you also have a near lock right now if you communicate your peeks effectively. By saying this, and providing cover for these type of statements, you gain huge amounts of EV.

This is also true during day 1, especially with a wolf peek. You have very important information that needs to get out if you die, but you also want to live more, and on top of that, you're freerolling on a wolf lynch + seer lives for the win.

This is the essence of my day 1 metagame in 9 player turbos. Peeks need to be communicated, and if seers just live one day, it's huge +EV.

So in essence, 9 player turbos = easy to imply a fake peek and be right, don't have to keep it up a long time, every peek matters = "if I'm the seer, I peeked xxx and he was a villager/wolf." (you don't have to say this, but you should, IMHO, IMPLY it every game)

This is also huge +EV in long games where you just want to live one more day, but must communicate your peeks effectively. Obviously, don't say something like this is a long game, but for example, all Kbar needs to do in ASX is post a villager list with his peeks separated from his reads, and try to live one more day.

Bram, for example, in CYOA did what I'm talking about here. He named all of his peeks without coming out as the seer. It was the perfect play in that spot, because it allows him to communicate all of his peeks effectively, without getting night-killed 100%. At that point, any extra peek mattered, and there was a huge amount of information to give out. Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

As the seer, understand spots where you can and should freeroll, and please start doing so.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Live One Day Seering

im glad you qualified this as only in a 9 person turbo

cause u need to live past day 1 in a 13
Old 04-21-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im glad you qualified this as only in a 9 person turbo

cause u need to live past day 1 in a 13

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, duh. Yeah.

There are spots to do this in a 13, but that's like on day 3 with a wolf lynched.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Glad I could inspire you.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:36 AM

freerolling as a seer is the nuts
Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 PM

I had somewhat of an epiphany in the turbo last night, which is that identifying villagers is more important than finding wolves in a 9 person turbo. If you have 3 for sure villagers on D2 the game is practically a lock as long as people aren't stupid. This is going to be my new approach.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had somewhat of an epiphany in the turbo last night, which is that identifying villagers is more important than finding wolves in a 9 person turbo. If you have 3 for sure villagers on D2 the game is practically a lock as long as people aren't stupid. This is going to be my new approach.

[/ QUOTE ]
tip: don't be wrong.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 PM

hmmmm....

so nightmare scenario - you are the seer with 1 villa peek in a 13er - and you are lead wagon with like 3 mins to NIGHT.

wtf do you do? what is the most village +EV course of action?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm....

so nightmare scenario - you are the seer with 1 villa peek in a 13er - and you are lead wagon with like 3 mins to NIGHT.

wtf do you do? what is the most village +EV course of action?

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to claim obviously- any other wagon is better than you. you shouldnt even be asking this.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you get my memo that if you have 4 for sure villagers on d1 then you have a lock?