Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 03:57 AM

Default UFC 70 - Free on SpikeTV

The Card

I have not followed UFC for awhile(I've always preferred Pride), so I am not familiar with most of the fighters, but I am looking forward to Werdum-Arlovski(I think Werdum will prevail) and Cro Cop-Gonzaga(CC OBV.).
Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: UFC 70 - Free on SpikeTV

this is sick especially after spending 80$ for the past two events (and 69 wasn't very good at all) oh but wait...the channel spiketv should be on is instead taken over by some useless local access college channel that tells you what 3 movies are playing on my college's movie stations...great
Old 04-20-2007, 01:47 PM

I'd be excited for this -- if the UFC wasn't so boring.

Knowing Spike, this thing will be full of commercials.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Here instead of spike we get the catholic channel and some other garbage religious channel - I really hope these people die in a fire - especially since they think I should die in a fire after I die for not believing in their tripe.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:15 PM

I never understood why people say that the UFC is boring. I find it quite interesting. I've never seen any of Pride though. I find the Pride show on FSN to be totally unwatchable.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:21 PM

What is the fascination with MMAs all of a sudden? This crap is juat as unwatchable as boxing was.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why people say that the UFC is boring. I find it quite interesting. I've never seen any of Pride though. I find the Pride show on FSN to be totally unwatchable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather watch PRIDE than boxing, which I'd much rather watch than UFC. The open-ness of the ring in PRIDE in my opinion makes for a lot more striking and big hits, as opposed to the octagon in which guys just get tired, ram up against the fence and grapple on the ground. I find slow, long matches boring, and that's usually what UFC seems to provide most times I watch it.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bas Rutten >>>>>>>> Joe Rogan

Plus I think a lot of the "Pride is better" stems from having a much more exciting heavyweight division. No Sylvia-style jab-your-way-to-a-win shenanigans. And while I wouldn't hesitate to use them in a real fight, I like that Pride doesn't allow elbows to the head on the ground. Cutting someone over the eye a few minutes in is not a very "sporting" way to win, imo.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Knowing Spike, this thing will be full of commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

This shouldn't be a problem for this event. It's not like a regular fight night on Spike but rather a full PPV event (3.5hrs). With UFC PPV's there are plenty of downtime and should work well on TV with commercials. I think it's a smart move by UFC, they're trying to get American fans familiarized with Crocop.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather watch PRIDE than boxing, which I'd much rather watch than UFC. The open-ness of the ring in PRIDE in my opinion makes for a lot more striking and big hits, as opposed to the octagon in which guys just get tired, ram up against the fence and grapple on the ground. I find slow, long matches boring, and that's usually what UFC seems to provide most times I watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the grapeling interesting, and I always find it annoying when they stand the fighters up. If I wanted to watch striking, I'd watch boxing.