Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: A slightly unusual stop and go

I don't think he is deep enough for this to work. And the BTN is short stacked so the push=t430. Because he's so short I just shove PF.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM

push preflop, stop trying to actually think.

it's a donkament. no thinking necessary.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM

I like it.

It's really as simple as this: You're getting your money in with this spot either way and there is no way he's folding preflop at this point. He is going to call you with KJ, Q10, and a nice variety of trash that he's going WTF it if his ruse doesn't work. OTOH, players like this tend to get squeamish when "bad" flops come. What once was gold with 77 now becomes bad when the flop comes out Q K 10.

So, why give him five cards in this spot when you get get some FE with 3. If you are planning on playing this ANYWAY, you might as well get some FE on your underpair as it is. When you push, and he has you beat after the flop(which he would have called with anyway), you still get your turn/river regardless.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

It's really as simple as this: You're getting your money in with this spot either way and there is no way he's folding preflop at this point. He is going to call you with KJ, Q10, and a nice variety of trash that he's going WTF it if his ruse doesn't work. OTOH, players like this tend to get squeamish when "bad" flops come. What once was gold with 77 now becomes bad when the flop comes out Q K 10.

So, why give him five cards in this spot when you get get some FE with 3. If you are planning on playing this ANYWAY, you might as well get some FE on your underpair as it is. When you push, and he has you beat after the flop(which he would have called with anyway), you still get your turn/river regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

STOP TRYING TO [censored] THINK.

HE HAS RANDOM ASS UNPAIRED CARDS THAT HE'LL FOLD (CORRECTLY - WHICH IS BAD FOR YOU) 1045320523052X MORE OFTEN THAN HE HAS A BETTER PAIR THAT FOLDS.

LIKE ARE YOU JOKING? YOU IGNORE THE TIMES HE HAS A2, K8, ETC ETC ETC SIMPLY BECAUSE HE MAY FOLD 77 SOMETIMES?

BWAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-09-2007, 05:11 PM

decisions like whether to push preflop or stop and go in a pot this small vs. a donk like that frankly have so little effect on your bottom like that their relative merits aren't worth debating
Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
decisions like whether to push preflop or stop and go in a pot this small vs. a donk like that frankly have so little effect on your bottom like that their relative merits aren't worth debating

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. Stop and going for more than twice pot with 66 is a really bad play, and much worse than pushing preflop.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. Stop and going for more than twice pot with 66 is a really bad play, and much worse than pushing preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you

and yes, nath is right. this is like arguing about whether to buy mayonnaise in bulk because you'll save $0.45
Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you've said this twice already, I'll say you need to reread the effective stack sizes.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you've said this twice already, I'll say you need to reread the effective stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, you got levelled.

twice.

dork.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right. I got raiser's stack size mixed up with SB's. What was usual about the stack sizes for a stop and go in OP's post. I don't get that then. The fact that OP has a lot of chips is irrelevant.

The SNG is still not good, because you don't SNG with middle pps.