Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 07:30 PM

Default $40-80 Badugi Hand

Played some $40 mix this weekend at Bellagio. Im still bad at badugi but getting better. This hand occured at my second rotation of badugi against an opponent who had just hit a deuce after drawing at 7654x during the triple draw round. He proudly told the table he had broken a straight twice and than hit his card (clearly having no idea 7654x is bad).. Anyways..

Guy raises UTG the button calls and i three bet with 234x from the BB.. UTG instantly four bets and button folds. We both draw one. I decide my draw is better and bet into him, he raises really quick. I call and draw one and he stands pat. I check dark and than squeeze out a 7 to make my badugi. He bets I raise and he three bets very fast and very confidently. I decide to just call and check to him after we both stand pat. How did i do?
Old 03-17-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: $40-80 Badugi Hand

I will say this... I think that if he had a real pat, then you weren't getting odds to catch your badugi (but of cousre, who knows considering the player you describe him as). You make it sound like you know he had a23 then a234 the way you're talking about it. I don't think you can fold this on the end, and given the impression you have he has a gigantic monster and you did right. I wonder if you had bet into him when you made your badugi if he'd still raise as confidently, but then again I don't know.

In my opionin it seems like he has a238 or something that you beat... i just don't know though... someone answer this better please.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 PM

I think the player described deserves two more bets if he has you beat, I'd 4 bet the turn.

Murakawa, "not getting odds to catch your badugi" - we don't know he has a badugi until after he stands pat and we make our hand before any bets are put in so I don't understand what you're talking about.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 PM

I think I got confused as to which betting rounds certain things happened...

listen to deathdonkey
Old 03-17-2007, 11:38 PM

Is he drawing/patting as confidently as he's betting? Was he confident with his 7654?

I think giving more action on third is a bad idea, but I'd probably bet-call on the end.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:17 AM

pre-draw - I like it a lot because the button is in the pot, but generally I hate hate hate being OOP in Badugi even with a monster like 234. Well played

First draw - I don't like the leading bet. You know he is going to bet when checked to, call when you bet and he is still drawing, and raise if he has a made hand or is an idiot - so I prefer the check-call line. Position is allmighty in Badugi, respect it.

Second draw - you have a choice - call and lead the river, or 4 bets here. Either way its probably the same result bet-wise. Remember nobody ever breaks in Badugi unless he has a hand like KQJT, its really up to you how you want to play it.

Are you still in the game this weekend? I will be stopping by tonight, tomorrow but i wont be sitting in (bankroll is tiny now due to personal life issues).
Old 03-18-2007, 02:51 AM

Ok TT and 2461badugi you have both said, donk/call the river is an ok line. This bothers me because from a theory point of view it simply has to be worse than reraising the turn or checkraising the river. You guys think he is going to take a free showdown and want to prevent it? That's the only reason I can see to take a donk/call line over a check/raise/fold or reraise turn line.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-18-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok TT and 2461badugi you have both said, donk/call the river is an ok line.
-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about from the point of view of bets invested/acquired only. Personally I cap but his line doesn't bug me if the net result is the same.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:18 AM

This guy is a retard, you have a fantastic hand. Not only is he a retard, he's the special kind of retard that has no comprehension of what a strong hand is. Show him what a strong hand looks like at showdown and make him pay the most.

*edit*
Raise again now.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the only reason I can see to take a donk/call line over a check/raise/fold or reraise turn line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your 4-bet after the 2nd draw, but for the life of me don't understand the check/raise/fold option at the end. Are you really going to fold this hand for a bet on the end?