Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: less about retards more about politics

[ QUOTE ]
That said, what do you guys think about permabanning or exiling Cardcounter0? He's managed to rack up two temp bans in the last week. I don't think he's going to be able to adapt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I just now lifted the temp ban I gave him last night. I sent him a nice PM asking him to adapt.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. They believe that the whole of society is organized to screw them over. They see oppression in places as innocuous as a public school and a welfare program. They are very angry at a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the key to the whole thing. They feel targeted so they make themselves into targets. They see me as the great oppressor when in fact I have a tremendous amount of common ground with them. I treid reasoning with them once. I suggested they spend more time working on how to get from here to there instead of preaching that the state is evil and well you saw how well that went over.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 PM

I just got a trolling complaing about Skidoo. Just a heads up.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:39 PM

RR, i think the thing with ACists is that a lot of them basically regurgitate talking points and people don't have a response to them. if someone just regurgitates something like 'freedom isn't free, LDO' or 'bush lied, they died,' people have heard it before and know how to respond to it. when you keep saying, 'taxation: you put a gun to my head and took my money,' a lot of people don't really have a good response to that, so they keep doing it.

the real problem with that argument is that it's not substantive. i propose that part of being a constructive politics poster is proposing real solutions to immediate problems, even if you are radical to the point that your 'ideal' world is a total fantasy. ACists are basically in a position of permanent criticism and antagonism but most don't address nuts-and-bolts issues because it's supposedly beneath them or something.

debating theory is well and good, but if you're not able to engage existing problems or discuss reality in a constructive manner, you're not a very valuable poster.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of two reasons:

1. They believe that the whole of society is organized to screw them over. They see oppression in places as innocuous as a public school and a welfare program. They are very angry at a lot of people.

2. Their idol is Borodog.

That said, what do you guys think about permabanning or exiling Cardcounter0? He's managed to rack up two temp bans in the last week and he's still being an idiot. I don't think he's going to be able to adapt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any final decisions regarding permabans should be handled by Censored, he's kind of an expert in the area.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM

so far for regulars who seem to be only interested in causing trouble, pushing an agenda I have

Cardcounter0
pvn

ill add to this shortly and then we can make some sort of decision
Old 03-16-2007, 04:35 PM

i banned Neblis for 5 days and pvn for 3 both making attacking/hostile no content type posts. I really want to start coming down on this type of thing.

i think a good way to do this is too read a response and ask question if furthers the thread or adds content. if not then it should be deleted, if a poster is a multi time offender or if his user notes are filled with warnings and temp bans for similar stuff then we should start handing out 3 - 7 day bans
Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 PM

valenzuala - 3 days

his habit seems to make inflammatory posts to dismiss another's poitn without ever providing any real content or enhancing the thread.

as an example for pro ACist discussion he makes one sentence post about how our government is wasting 400 billion dollars and killing innocent people. this opinion is perfectly fine but he seems to only make a post like this, then when he receives a thought out reply he will again dismiss it with a one line talking point.

this is exactly the type of thing I want to now get rid of, and is the main tactic of the regulars i could live with out.

let's start holding the discussion to a higher standard.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i banned Neblis for 5 days and pvn for 3 both making attacking/hostile no content type posts. I really want to start coming down on this type of thing.

i think a good way to do this is too read a response and ask question if furthers the thread or adds content. if not then it should be deleted, if a poster is a multi time offender or if his user notes are filled with warnings and temp bans for similar stuff then we should start handing out 3 - 7 day bans

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually just reading some of pvn's latest posts and debating posting here the possibility of deleting them and issuing a temp-ban, I'm glad we're on the same page with this.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:11 PM

I was a little AWOL the last coupel of days, kind of busy at work. I should be getting in some online poker over the weekend so I expect to be on here more.