Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 03-06-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Game you are most proud of having beaten

Goldeneye with almost all cheats(was 14 at the time, two other friends were also trying to beat the game, they got stuck on 00 Aztec, took me weeks.)

TSB (SNES)-3 peat. Went 57-2 with the Bears.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 AM

You lost a game in TSB? Shame on you! You ain't no TSB champ!

I don't remember the last time I lost in TSB against AI. Then again, I've only lost to one person in TSB in the past year (played it online a dozen or so times with ZSNES, and played friends of mine in college).
Old 03-07-2007, 12:05 AM

On topic.. the game I'm most proud to have beaten: Ninja Gaiden 1. The last level was extremely frustrating - you had to make it through the level and then fight I think 3 consecutive final boss battles without dying. If you died you had to start over at the beginning of the level!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You lost a game in TSB? Shame on you! You ain't no TSB champ!

I don't remember the last time I lost in TSB against AI. Then again, I've only lost to one person in TSB in the past year (played it online a dozen or so times with ZSNES, and played friends of mine in college).

[/ QUOTE ]

The AI must never cheat against you. The Bucs playing like they're good in week 16, WTF. The fact I picked a team with no passing game and every one was in bad condition didn't help. And Dallas had Emmitt run all over me. But that was the regualr season.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 AM

The AI cheats after you win like many games in a row, increased speed and better defense and all that, but you can still outplay them. I usually play as the Jets, not a great time by any means, but I know how to exploit the AI very well.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The AI cheats after you win like many games in a row, increased speed and better defense and all that, but you can still outplay them. I usually play as the Jets, not a great time by any means, but I know how to exploit the AI very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT sack trick?

Back on topic, Chrono Trigger and Earthbound as well. Not because they're hard, but I was 10-12 when I played them and they were epic.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:36 AM

Final Fantasy 9 with the special super sword and winning the cardgame.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:18 AM

Zak McKracken - Played through it without any help/cheats at all. <font color="white">"Use golf club on double-headed squirrel"</font>
Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT sack trick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I don't do that. That's a general exploit you can do against anyone. Against slower QBs and with the right NT it is extremely cheap.

It's tough to put into words how to beat the AI in TSB. I've played it since my childhood and have a firm grasp on how the AI responds to my plays, and I adjust accordingly. I know what happens when I run in a given direction with the defenders in different locations (blocked, unblocked, and specifically where). I also have a good grasp on how well covered my receivers are. Also, on defense, I have a firm grasp on what the AI is trying to accomplish with the plays and how to adjust to them. I have a good sense of where they are running and who they are passing to. All of this is through many years of experience and practice.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 AM

Bob Nelson ftw. I used to always use the Lions (being my favorite team and all) and this guy always use to annoy the crap out of me. So, I once used the Packers and chose him and WHOA!!!