Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Curious announcement by Venetian TD

sounds like it would have been an awesome opportunity to go on a blind-stealing rampage on table 1.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Anthony did fine. Going 11-handed instead of hand-for-hand was a fine choice. I also in his shoes might have done a redraw for seats to mix up the final two tables. But you CANNOT punish me for folding crappy hands as we're on/near the bubble. If 5 morons at my table all say they're going to fold around to the blinds, I can't stop them, but I can sure throw a fit if someone tries to disqualify me for their behaviour.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the lowdown as to what happened...there was quite a few people involved on Saturday and many of them were probably playing in the event on Sunday, so, they knew who they were and they got the message.

Here's what happened...let me know what you all would have done...

The Saturday tournament is down to 12 players. Table 1 wants to chop 12 ways, table 2 doesn't. They are 6 and 6 at this point. Well, table 1 decides to pass the blinds around until table 2 knocks out 2 players, hoping that when they have made the final table they could talk about chopping again.

Anthony told table 1 that this was blatant collusion and that it would not be tolerated. They folded around (trying to make it look legal) for 2-3 more hands when table 2 knocked out a player.

Anthony thought it was in the best interest of everyone involved at that point to make the final table 11 handed. I believe this was a great decision, however, I told him that everyone who was on table 1 should have gotten a penalty.

He said that even though they talked about it and they DID fold around for a couple of hands he didn't believe they would be doing it right under his nose directly after he told them not to. So, he wasn't POSITIVE that they were colluding based on 2 or 3 hands, a ruling that I can agree with. Had it happened for a few more hands, I see no reason why those players wouldn't have been disqualified.

The announcement was kinda silly because only a few people got the point, but they got the point none-the-less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty ugly -- I'd hate to be the TD when it happened, cause thats a pretty tough call to make.

But I'll tell you this. If I thought that I had to warn them again the next night, I would simply prefer to not let them enter the tournament.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:56 PM

I don't know if this is legal but here's my suggestion.

Stop the tournament. Redraw both tables, (funny how the seat cards wind up 6 from 1 6 from 2.... and redraw the button.

My reason is its in the best interest of the game to make sure all are playing to win. If there is a player openly suggesting collusion, INSTA 10 minute penalty.

I would suggest a No deal or No deal till 1 table policy in the future to prevent this...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:00 PM

Yeah, whoever brought up the idea first gets a penalty.
If it was 2 people pushing the idea give them both a penalty.

If they complain that others were 'in on it too' and deserve a penalty also just tell them, 'tough luck.'

In the very least, this would deter them from suggesting this kind of collusion in the future.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:15 PM

I would have no problem with what table 1 did, anounced or otherwise. Table 2 has options to counter if they so desire, and personally I'd love to be on EITHER table at that point.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anthony did fine. Going 11-handed instead of hand-for-hand was a fine choice. I also in his shoes might have done a redraw for seats to mix up the final two tables. But you CANNOT punish me for folding crappy hands as we're on/near the bubble. If 5 morons at my table all say they're going to fold around to the blinds, I can't stop them, but I can sure throw a fit if someone tries to disqualify me for their behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree, he can not punich you. But then again the poster indicated that all the players on Table 1 were interested in doing the deal. You would probably have been vocal at the appropriate times to indicate to the TD that you were not a part of the collusion.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Saturday tournament is down to 12 players. Table 1 wants to chop 12 ways, table 2 doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless all the chips were on table 2, this is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I'm assuming a 12 way chop is only going to get you your buy-in back and a small small profit.

Why would anyone invest all that time and effort for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard about a 13-way chop the other day. The players had paid $175 to enter, and each walked away with about $225, for a $50 profit.

Only about 20 people had entered, and the tournament payed ten spots. The blinds were still small, and with 30-minute rounds, they were going to stay small for a long time.

The chip leader, of all people, led the campaign to convince everyone to chop, because he knew it would take 4-6 hours to finish this thing, and the pie was already being sliced so thin as to not make winning worth his time.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only about 20 people had entered, and the tournament payed ten spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is [censored] retarded.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only about 20 people had entered, and the tournament payed ten spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is [censored] retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me where this moron-athon of a tournament occurs so that I can avoid it at all costs on my next trip to wherever it is.