Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Tony Romowned!!!

Tony Romo was invited to NYC for New Years 2008. They needed someone in charge of dropping the ball.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you know what fraud means

[/ QUOTE ]

a person who makes deceitful pretenses

I would say the pretense that Romo is an All Pro (worthy) QB is deceitful at best.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say the pretense that Romo is an All Pro (worthy) QB is deceitful at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody says "All Pro." Everyone in the world has Manning, Brees, and Rivers clearly ahead of him.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody says "All Pro." Everyone in the world has Manning, Brees, and Rivers clearly ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad I meant "Pro Bowl" not "All Pro." Romo being a Pro Bowl QB at this point, still makes mine.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 AM

I don't think you know what deceitful means
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 AM

Here's my opinion on Romo. He's a decent QB right now, above average for his first year throwing the ball. Maybe in the next 2-4 years he'll take the next step and be a very good QB in the NFL. That's not now.

After his early success, too many sportswriters was saying how he's so good, the fact he makes the pro bowl, and some compared him to Aikman and Staubach IIRC.

So fraud was the wrong word, since he never said he was a great QB. Overrated by the media and is now being ripped by fans and the same media for not being as good as they said he was early on is a better view.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you know what deceitful means

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think either of you can find a dictionary.

deceitful: intending to deceive, misleading, fraudulent

Obviously, the great overhype that Romo received after a few good games was misleading.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 AM

fingokra,

You still have no idea what fraud or deceit is, or maybe you do but don't understand the situation. Who overhyped Romo? Not Tony Romo. Who selected Romo to the Pro Bowl? Not Tony Romo (In fact the only reason he goes this year is b/c it may be the worst NFC class of QB's ever not b/c of any other reason...please name another NFC QB with better numbers).

See, you are saying that ROMO is the fraud and that isn't anywhere close to correct b/c he didn't ask to be overhyped. Was he leaving the game and promoting himself? Did you ever see that from him or did all you ever see was a humble guy that praised his teammates and coaching staff when they won and accepted his medicine and all of the blame when they lost? What makes me sick is people that can't think on their own and let the media do it for them. Disgrace. See it really doesn't matter if you are a Philly fan or a Giant fan b/c your love of your team should take a back seat to logic.

As for the media, it has bothered me all along. He himself has said he hates the attention, Parcells has tried and tried at every press conference to stop it but the media is like a virus and here's the problem they build an idea b/c it divides people...which sells. One side, the fans, are overboard with his success and the other side, non-fans, start to hate him b/c they don't necessarily care about a Dallas QB that is getting overrated and it is annoying them, the more they are annoyed the more they start to HATE HIM, even though he has done nothing wrong as a person. Then you have the other people that realize that this is all just media doing its best job to blow up a story of an undrafted QB that came out of nowhere to do this and that, and that when the dust settles we will get to see how dumb people can really be.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fingokra,

You still have no idea what fraud or deceit is, or maybe you do but don't understand the situation. Who overhyped Romo? Not Tony Romo. Who selected Romo to the Pro Bowl? Not Tony Romo (In fact the only reason he goes this year is b/c it may be the worst NFC class of QB's ever not b/c of any other reason...please name another NFC QB with better numbers).

See, you are saying that ROMO is the fraud and that isn't anywhere close to correct b/c he didn't ask to be overhyped. Was he leaving the game and promoting himself? Did you ever see that from him or did all you ever see was a humble guy that praised his teammates and coaching staff when they won and accepted his medicine and all of the blame when they lost? What makes me sick is people that can't think on their own and let the media do it for them. Disgrace. See it really doesn't matter if you are a Philly fan or a Giant fan b/c your love of your team should take a back seat to logic.

As for the media, it has bothered me all along. He himself has said he hates the attention, Parcells has tried and tried at every press conference to stop it but the media is like a virus and here's the problem they build an idea b/c it divides people...which sells. One side, the fans, are overboard with his success and the other side, non-fans, start to hate him b/c they don't necessarily care about a Dallas QB that is getting overrated and it is annoying them, the more they are annoyed the more they start to HATE HIM, even though he has done nothing wrong as a person. Then you have the other people that realize that this is all just media doing its best job to blow up a story of an undrafted QB that came out of nowhere to do this and that, and that when the dust settles we will get to see how dumb people can really be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what a fraud is, in fact I defined it in one of the earlier posts. I also said in my very first post in this thread that it was not his on doing.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, Romo did more in what, six starts? Than most QBs do in a career.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

i will pay you $1 a day to not post.