Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $233.75
Button: $303.08
SB: $468.92
Hero: $198.50

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($20, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $45</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($110, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $80</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ??? </font>

easy fold ??
Old 08-10-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: NL$200 QQ fold ??

It's hard to tell b/c you did not raise enough PF. The villain has decent odds to call with a large variety of holdings, especially when he has position.

I'd probably fold this with no read on villain. He's UTG so it's likely that he has some kind of mid pair which likely hit a set. It's also possible that he has TT-JJ, but at this point there are far more hands that beat you.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:29 PM

Fold turn. I probably fold flop against this guy. I see 23/9 try to limp rr with AA a lot. As hand will be heads up, he may just call. Also, sets are big possibility. Basically, I dont think this guy is putting you on a whiffed flop and pushing you out often enough to continue this hand oop agaisnt villain with those stats, though I guess 4 handed makes decision a little closer.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 PM

I reraise on the flop and fold to another raise. If he has the stones to fire once more with a semi-bluff, well, good for him. If he just calls my reraise, I probably push the turn, or maybe check-call if I know he bluffs too much. A lot of the time I would have check-raised the flop, but only if I am pretty darn sure he will bet out with anything.

So far, you haven't played it any differently than most people would play AK. He could easily be betting his 9T "for value." Certainly, if you do decide to put any more money in at this point, you should push because you'll be pot committed once you call.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:17 PM

fold turn
reraising flop does nothing for you...nice call and re-eval on turn......oh and hes not betting his 9t "for value"....hes got 2pr/set/str8.....ur not ahead of anything that would let him continue to bet like this.....except air, but hes a looser nit....but a nit nonetheless
Old 08-10-2006, 05:05 PM

Eh, everyone says fold, but i dont think going AI would be too bad. Could really go either way here, you are 4 handed, he could have A9s, not many/any hands a 23/9 plays have 2p on this board. Sets are likely, but im not convinced.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:25 PM

IF THIS WERE SIX HANDED HERE IS WHAT I WOULD SAY:
if you call his reraise on the flop he should know that you have a pair of 9s beat. so unless hes a donk giving you his money with A9 which is unlikely since he limped UTG four handed with an A then called a raise with it. This is a tough spot I really feel like 77 is such a likely hand here. The only other thing may be if villian has been playing back at your cbets recently or in the past. If he has not been fold.

BUT ITS NOT: he could have limped with 88 here and feel you have overcards. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is also a likely holding. Yeah the turn does complete a straight but most of all I would be afraid of 44 or 77. 88, 66 and 55 are also possible if he thinks you have AK. I hate playing short handed with no reads and this hand is a good example why. With no reads its close but probably still a fold. If this guy overvalues top pair or trys to knock you off AK or can bet a small pp like this, I would def ai the turn.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:16 PM

I would raise more pf.

As played vs. a 23/9 I would fold turn.

Vs. a 38/18 or 40/8 I would ck/raise turn all in a safe turn.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:43 PM

would calling the flop c/r then leading the turn and folding to a raise be ok?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:02 AM

I think this type of hand gets to the root of onine players soley relying on the numbers to make poker decisions. Based on his numbers of 23/9 they indicate that he is a tight player but when you look at its only over 150 hands that sample size is no where near reliable enough to base a poker decision.
He could be an average player but have just been on a run of dead cards or he could be a LAG but had a few beats prior to your arrival and settled down for a hundred or so hands. These numbers are soley arbitrary in the sceme of things. You have to be able to play poker outside of these numbers if you cant then you can never succeed.

Ok off of my soap box to the hand we go,

I think your raise of $9 PF is good its 200% the pot. This is when knowing your opponent is key. What type of hands has he limped called a raise with UTG. Has he limp/folded UTG to a raise for the most part or has he limped called. What has been his tendency from your observations. These are all questions that your numbers cant answer.

The turn bet was fine but obviously the RR sucked. He didnt RR PF from UTG when you raised so you can pretty much exclude AA or KK. QQ or JJ 4 handed he is coming in raising as well as any pocket pair down to 77. The only hand I can put him on would be a set of 4's 9's and 7's he should have raised PF and calling with 97 suited 4 handed it a terrible play against 4 players no value in that hand. But I dont know how he plays and if you think he would do that then you need to add that to his possible holdings. Any holding that he should have based on his numbers he should have either RR or raised from UTG. I cant put him on a hand here and being 4 handed QQ is a monster hand. He may have something like Ad7d. Given that he now has approx $100 after the turn bet and you only have $145 you cant just call the $80 that leaves you with 65 into $270 turn pot. You are getting odds to see the hand to the end.

I would RR all in in this spot given how strange this hand played out and his possible range of holdings as such and the strength of your hand 4 handed.

This allows you to make the win in several ways:
1) he folds to RR
2) he calls and your QQ is the best hand
3) he calls with a set and you suck out on river.

Hope this helped. Would be curious to hear how the hand played out! But it is hard to tell you a good idea of what to do with out all of the previously mentioned information. I think for any future posts that information would allow you to get much better responses to any given situation.

Good Luck